Karl`s PC Help Forums

Show us where you live
marymary100 - 17-7-2017 at 23:32

Three trips

LSemmens - 18-7-2017 at 03:44

It's a lovely country.

I live here

Katzy - 18-7-2017 at 21:12

My star brother-in-law lives in Caledonia. Kinda towards the west coast, where it's rather wild'n'wooly. Nearest town, I believe, is Ullapool, which looks like something from the dark ages, to me. ;)

It certainly looks beautiful. But, come Autumn, they can get stranded, quite easily.

Oh and it's cold. :D

marymary100 - 18-7-2017 at 22:51

Today was "Taps aff Tuesday". The one day others call summer and we throw ourselves foolhardedly into the sunlight unprotected so that we can resemble red lobsters from waist to forehead.

I went into the garden and despite knowing I shouldn't, sat in the light.

The population of Glasgow under the age of 20 rolled down on trains to Troon beach where they took taps aff, drank and roasted. Police on horseback patrolled the sand and queues formed at the station to get them all home again at the end of the day.

It's not always idyllic. shocked_yellow

Leigh, your area doesn't look how I imagined. Thanks for posting. :)

LSemmens - 19-7-2017 at 02:37

"Taps aff Tuesday" - I'm guessing everyone walks around topless. That could be a scary sight given the BMI of some people.

marymary100 - 19-7-2017 at 09:13

It's a Scottish joke. We get so little sunlight that we tend to have our young men walking around in only shorts at the first opportunity.

Today's Daily Mail said 6000 extra Glaswegians made for Troon beach yesterday. 6000 arriving in a town of about 8000. The police officers had their work cut out.

LSemmens - 19-7-2017 at 09:20

I thought as much.It is still a scary thought. :D