Karl`s PC Help Forums

Top ten international health care stats
marymary100 - 17-7-2017 at 14:45

Healthcare ranks

And the full report here:

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/interactives/2017/july/mirror-mirror/

Katzy - 17-7-2017 at 20:30

Problem is, the Yanks and the Tories see healthcare as a potential goldmine. "Can't afford it? Go die. See if we care".

This is the BIG difference between left and right wings, politically.

Left: "Let's all take care of each other!".

Right: "Survival of the fittest. Or richest".

marymary100 - 17-7-2017 at 21:54

I think it telling that Americans spend the most and have the worst oucomes.

LSemmens - 18-7-2017 at 03:55

Tell us something we don't know......;)

marymary100 - 18-7-2017 at 08:05

Australia came out top for outcomes...

Katzy - 18-7-2017 at 21:08

I see Trump's going to do, to Obamacare, what the Tories are doing to the NHS...

scholar - 18-7-2017 at 21:56

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
I see Trump's going to do, to Obamacare, what the Tories are doing to the NHS...
Obamacare is bankrupting the healthcare financing system. Health insurance companies that were formerly active in various states have quit writing policies entirely, and many people are forced to buy health insurance with deductibles far higher than they could ever afford to pay, so the insurance is useless to them.

Trump wants to cut back the costs enough that people could afford to have and use healthcare insurance.

I have Obamacare insurance. Our unrestricted deductible is $9000! And the cost for this insurance comes out of my paycheck every pay period, even though we can't afford to use it!:(

marymary100 - 18-7-2017 at 22:45

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
Obamacare is bankrupting the healthcare financing system. Health insurance companies that were formerly active in various states have quit writing policies entirely, and many people are forced to buy health insurance with deductibles far higher than they could ever afford to pay, so the insurance is useless to them.

Trump wants to cut back the costs enough that people could afford to have and use healthcare insurance.

I have Obamacare insurance. Our unrestricted deductible is $9000! And the cost for this insurance comes out of my paycheck every pay period, even though we can't afford to use it!:(

Read the report. Obama was not the problem. waveysmiley

scholar - 21-7-2017 at 00:19

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

I was responding to what Katzy posted, comparing Trump's proposals to Tory proposals for the NHS.

If the NHS has made health care costs skyrocket, leaving people unable to use health services without incurring huge bills because they have to pay the first thousands of dollars themselves, and the Tories are planning to take measures towards fixing the problem--then, yes, Trump's plan and what the Tories are said to be planning is similar.

But, if the NHS offers health care services without a deductible, and if the NHS is not driving up the cost of health care financing, and if the system is not collapsing--then, the situations are not similar.

marymary100 - 21-7-2017 at 09:34

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

I was responding to what Katzy posted, comparing Trump's proposals to Tory proposals for the NHS.

If the NHS has made health care costs skyrocket, leaving people unable to use health services without incurring huge bills because they have to pay the first thousands of dollars themselves, and the Tories are planning to take measures towards fixing the problem--then, yes, Trump's plan and what the Tories are said to be planning is similar.

But, if the NHS offers health care services without a deductible, and if the NHS is not driving up the cost of health care financing, and if the system is not collapsing--then, the situations are not similar.

Read the report.