Karl`s PC Help Forums

Portable air conditioners
scholar - 22-6-2017 at 00:51

I have bought a used portable air conditioner. I had not heard of such a thing before I saw this one. It stands alone, like most dehumidifiers (in fact, it has dehumidifier settings, as well as fan-only settings and air conditioning settings). But, it has an air exhaust hose, something like a laundry hot air exhaust vent hose, except it is intended to go out a window. The exhaust has a slide-wide frame, so you can raise a window a little bit and fill the side gaps. So, with hose as an umbilical, I can move it close to my desk, and have the cold air blow directly toward me.

It is a 7000 BTU unit. It has a self-evaporative feature, which means the hot air exhaust is used to evaporate the condensed water and blow it out.

The air filter is really thin--not like the old fibery filters of years gone by.

I do need to make sure it doesn't over-tax my wiring. I don't want it to plunge my computer into darkness by the circuit breaker. It is listed as 850 amps.

It has both a thermostat, and a timer. But, the default setting on the timer seems to be a simple countdown-to-shutoff. Still, I have left an air conditioner on all night when I forgot to come back to shut it off.

http://www.portableacguide.com/unit/Amana-AP076E

Pretty cool, eh? kewl_glasses
:jester)

LSemmens - 22-6-2017 at 01:20

They are not uniusual, and should be designed for a normal 10amp home circuit.

Quaver - 22-6-2017 at 09:02

Looks goodkewl_glasses