Quaver - 28-7-2016 at 09:46

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Thrifty Lesley

I can't believe those have 2000-2500 caloriesshocked_yellow
Quote:
Clearance food website

Lots of good bargainskewl_glasses
I think best before dates are overrated.

LSemmens - 29-7-2016 at 10:04

$1.75 a day is the Australian equivalent. I'm not sure that I could do it that cheap, but we do eat rather well even though we are on a pension.

Katzy - 29-7-2016 at 21:23

Can't eat fruit. Can't have much by way of veg, either. :(

marymary100 - 29-7-2016 at 22:07

Might be worth retraining your gut? Build up bit of tolerance?

My favourite thing when I was in the Guides was banana wrapped in tinfoil cooked in the oven. Hot banana with a few chocolate counters in the split was divine. Instant potassium and no more than 100 calories. As it's going to be mushy anyway a bargain banana works well.

Quaver - 30-7-2016 at 15:18

Quote:
My favourite thing when I was in the Guides was banana wrapped in tinfoil cooked in the oven. Hot banana with a few chocolate counters in the split was divine. Instant potassium and no more than 100 calories. As it's going to be mushy anyway a bargain banana works well.

Sounds good, may try itkewl_glasses
Is this the recipe? (Obviously without the marshmallows!)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20038/campfire-banana-splits/

marymary100 - 30-7-2016 at 16:01

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
Quote:

Sounds good, may try itkewl_glasses
Is this the recipe? (Obviously without the marshmallows!)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20038/campfire-banana-splits/

It really was much simpler than that. We removed the skin, split the banana and inserted chocolate buttons before wrapping in foil and placing on a campfire. We usually boiled milk in a canteen as well to make cocoa to go with it. Happy days.

waffler - 31-7-2016 at 10:49

Scholar needs to look into this .:D

Quaver - 31-7-2016 at 12:10

Quote:
It really was much simpler than that. We removed the skin, split the banana and inserted chocolate buttons before wrapping in foil and placing on a campfire. We usually boiled milk in a canteen as well to make cocoa to go with it. Happy days.

I don't have a campfire, but I'll have a go with your recipe:banana)