Karl`s PC Help Forums

Stayed up till two
marymary100 - 8-7-2016 at 21:50

to finish my book. (The Girl on the Train)

I haven't done that for at least 11 months.

Can you tell I'm on holiday?

What was the last book you read that made you want to throw caution to the wind to finish?

Katzy - 9-7-2016 at 09:17

Dune. :D

Took some getting into, at first. Once in, I was hooked.

Fingerprints of The Gods did that, too.

marymary100 - 9-7-2016 at 09:25

One of my friends mentions Dune at regular intervals. Maybe it is as good as he says it is. ;)

LSemmens - 9-7-2016 at 10:46

I've read the entire Dune Series, it is good. Surprisingly, after reading the books, we saw the (then, newly released) Movie and were very impressed in that it remained very true to the book. Sadly, the movie was not a huge success with the general populous.

As to staying up, I do it most nights. Last night I finished (I hope) developing the Access Database that I've been working on (and off) for the last 10 years. Tonight, is testing mode. shocked_yellow

John Barnes - 9-7-2016 at 13:30

The Persuader by Lee Childs a Jack Reacher story

scholar - 9-7-2016 at 14:14

The last books that hooked me were Bible translations about which I was excited.

But, I've not let myself do the sleep-deprived thing, past a certain point. Between my work hours and my wife, I just can't. Ruby feels as if she is contributing less to the marriage. So, I have to spend more time showing I value her (which leaves me less time for other things).

Nimuae - 9-7-2016 at 22:34

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

That one had me hooked as well ! It is a strange story but intriguing. Did you guess the ending?

marymary100 - 9-7-2016 at 23:06

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

That one had me hooked as well ! It is a strange story but intriguing. Did you guess the ending?

Yes, I think it was more of a why done it than a who done it.

the bear - 10-7-2016 at 03:46

I've just finished reading "And the Band Played On" A love story between a violinist and a glove maker. Jock Hume died leaving an unborn child!

The sinking of the Titanic was just the beginning of the story. An intriguing tale!

Regards the Bear waveysmiley