Karl`s PC Help Forums

Tooth.
Badgergirl - 2-7-2016 at 15:30

It's evil. I'm convinced of that now. It's trying to ether kill me or possess me.

Should have got it pulled months ago when it started to show itself...poking up there at the back of my mouth proclaiming new "Wisdom". Lies, all lies!

Now it's black and craggy and I can't think of anything but the pain.

I have an appointment to get it seen on Monday but I'm considering chickening out now and seeing the emergency dentist.

Ether it goes or I do.

Next stop. Superdrug for a vial of clove oil.

:mgun)

marymary100 - 2-7-2016 at 15:50

Swirl in warm salty water as well to cut down on inflammation and any poisons.

LSemmens - 2-7-2016 at 22:58

Heartfelt sympathies, BG. They are only called wisdom teeth because they teach you wisdom. i.e. It is wise to have them attended to when they first rear their ugly heads.

scholar - 3-7-2016 at 00:39

I use benzocaine in the strength made for gums and teeth. If it can be absorbed into the pained area, it numbs it completely. A small tube costs as little as $1 in the States.

Badgergirl - 3-7-2016 at 11:36

I'm mainlining Bonjella!

The Clove Oil is quite possibly an instrument of heaven (but tastes like Demon pee).

I've been "borrowing" J's dihidrocodine and Naproxen (for the slipped disc) but I try not to do that too much.

So far things have been better today, but I suspect this is only a small reprieve.

Quaver - 3-7-2016 at 12:03

Are you going to the emergency dentist today?
Hand in there (((hugs))).

(I had my hygienist appointment last weekbrshteeth)

Badgergirl - 3-7-2016 at 13:06

So far so good, I think I can hold out 'till my appointment.

I'll keep you all updated so I can bask in the sympathy. :)

scholar - 3-7-2016 at 23:51

Quote:
Originally posted by Badgergirl
The Clove Oil is quite possibly an instrument of heaven (but tastes like Demon pee).

Which begs the question, "When have you tasted demon pee?"

(Actually, in their natural form, I don't think demons pee.)

Badgergirl - 5-7-2016 at 11:02

The dentist tells me my tooth has now "died" and all the pain I'd been having was it's final death throw.

I'm getting the dratted thing pulled on Wednesday next week. Thank goodness!

Quaver - 5-7-2016 at 13:22

Hope it will be quick and painless. My wisdom tooth was quick and painless all those years ago, and it looks like it was never there now:)

John Barnes - 5-7-2016 at 15:28

I had mine out in one go, the dentist was that good all I heard was the plink as they dropped in the dish never felt a thing mind you as in life there a good and bad as with dentists
modern anaesthetics today are light years away from when I was a child so get it extracted you know it makes sense jmb

LSemmens - 6-7-2016 at 08:48

My dentist use to have problems with me whenever he would work on my teeth. I would fall asleep.

Badgergirl - 13-7-2016 at 13:37

The tooth has gone!
I trotted around the corner to the dentist for 9:05 and waited a few minutes to be seen. It took four injections to finally numb but he got my upper tooth filled right away. I was preparing my self for the trauma of getting the wisdom tooth pulled out when I heard a clink and felt my mouth get stuffed with gauze.
It came out in about five seconds!

I feel really weird now. I want some scrambled eggs on toast but I am a bit worried I just rinsed out my new (small) filling.
Anyone lost one? What does it feel like?

Quaver - 13-7-2016 at 13:56

Glad the extraction was easy! :clap)
I don't have any advice re fillings. Hope it's still in there.

LSemmens - 13-7-2016 at 15:41

If you've lost a filling, there'll be a rough spot where it was.

John_Little - 13-7-2016 at 15:43

Spooky. Mrs JL had a tooth out today.

John Barnes - 14-7-2016 at 23:40

The 4 injections you had was probably you may have had a slight infection, but I told you extraction is more or less painless these days , well done glad your pain has gone

Badgergirl - 15-7-2016 at 09:17

I tend to heal up really fast. My only gripe is that my jaw "hinge" aches when I yawn right now.

I don't often get infections so that was the most annoying thing about the tooth aside from the pain..my gums kept getting icky.

marymary100 - 15-7-2016 at 09:25

I'm off for dental work today. A broken tooth which I've already spent a fortune on for root canal treatment. brshteeth

LSemmens - 15-7-2016 at 10:55

I traded all my teeth in for artificial ones a few years back. Dentures have their pros and cons. I think that implants may be a better alternative. Not that I'm likely to be able to pay for them in the foreseeable century, or two.

Quaver - 15-7-2016 at 12:37

Badgergirl, no yawning for you todaywaggyfinger
MM, is the tooth under guarantee? How did it break?
Good luck for your dentist apptwaveysmiley

AFM, I have started going to the dentist regularly since last yearkewl_glasses
That's because my mum, sister and hubby lost some teeth during the past couple of years (not wisdom tooth)shocked_yellow

Leigh, my mum and sister has some partial dentures. Mum doesn't wear hers much, but my sister wears her two partial dentures every day:)

LSemmens - 15-7-2016 at 12:53

I rarely remove my full dentures. Only for cleaning. My biggest gripe is that some foods (typically those that required a good bight force) are difficult to eat as the dentures are just not as solid (sharp???) as real teeth. And the fact that food does become lodged between teeth and gums, ok if it's soft, but a bit of peanut or other "hard" food is a real pain, especially when you have a mouth full and you can't swallow or spit it out.

I do hear that denture adhesive does help, but, I'm stubborn, and cheap!

marymary100 - 15-7-2016 at 15:15

It has been attended to without anaesthetic. That and the scaling which was due came to £10. God bless the NHS.

Quaver - 16-7-2016 at 15:00

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
It has been attended to without anaesthetic. That and the scaling which was due came to £10. God bless the NHS.

Scottish NHS;)

marymary100 - 16-7-2016 at 15:14

I never considered that it might be different in England. I guess from the guests on Jeremy Kyle, I may be mistook...

Quaver - 16-7-2016 at 15:23

NHS dentists are not free here in England: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.aspx

scholar - 16-7-2016 at 15:25

Quote:
Originally posted by Badgergirl
I feel really weird now. I want some scrambled eggs on toast but I am a bit worried I just rinsed out my new (small) filling.
Anyone lost one? What does it feel like?

I have lost several fillings over the years. You can usually determine if a filling is gone by the empty space it was filling (which you may feel by probing with your tongue). If you cannot determine this immediately, it may become more evident after you eat, since there is a tendency for food to accumulate in the hole.

Badgergirl - 18-7-2016 at 15:44

The filling is still there thank goodness!

Meanwhile, I've just taken a small but powerful decongestant. For some reason my sinuses (and my throat) have decided to put pressure on me this week.

Scenario 1) It's just the end of a cold.
2) It's hayfever (I've never had that before)
3) It's a newly developed cat-allergy.

Watch this space.

LSemmens - 19-7-2016 at 14:08

Take it easy BG, we don't need anyone else on the sick list.

Quaver - 19-7-2016 at 14:52

Could be a side effect of the extraction. Hope it clears soonwaveysmiley