Karl`s PC Help Forums

Random conversations and connections
marymary100 - 6-2-2016 at 14:25

I was at a meeting yesterday waiting for someone else to arrive and for some reason we started talking about Latin. It turned out that all 5 people round the table had taken Latin at school. That seemed a bit of a random connection to me. The declining of verbs has never left us, which proves I suppose that rote works. It was a bizarre moment. :gossip)

What unusual connections have you discovered with people you barely know?

victor - 6-2-2016 at 14:55

Attended a seventieth birthday lunch with fourteen other people last week the gentle man sitting to my left and the one sitting opposite him it turned out worked for many years in the same factory as me, I was there for thirty five years and one of them was there for longer, never met them before even though I worked in all parts of the factory on maintenance.

Katzy - 7-2-2016 at 11:12

Latin is why I still refer to places, such as this, as "Fora", instead of the Yankisised "Forums".

marymary100 - 7-2-2016 at 11:55

I told one of my bosses he had changed from a young boy - puellus - to an old man- Senex - overnight on his 40th birthday. :D

LSemmens - 7-2-2016 at 12:23

I was asked to "consult the seagulls" during my Latin lessons. In some ways I wish I had done better as I do appreciate the etymology of words. My sister's and I have been known to spend an afternoon with a dictionary in hand studying some words.