Karl`s PC Help Forums

The Stranger on the Bridge
marymary100 - 4-5-2015 at 16:51

Quote:

Last year I was reunited with the man who stopped me from taking my own life.
It had been six years since I travelled to a bridge in central London with the intention of jumping off.
I felt incredibly nervous leading up to the reunion. I had such a hazy memory from our first meeting, what if I couldn't recall Neil at all? It wasn't until the Twitter campaign I launched to #FindMike that I actually came to know his name was Neil after all. But it didn't take long for the memory of that day to come flooding back just after we were reunited.
We talked in detail about what had happened on the bridge and in the years since. He was as warm and kind as I remembered from our first encounter and during the reunion it began to feel as if I was talking to an old friend I'd known for years.

BBC

LSemmens - 5-5-2015 at 01:32

Strangely enough, from the outset I felt that the person was a homosexual, and I was proven correct. Sadly, mental illness, and homosexuality are a common thread. I'm not saying that you cannot have one without the other but, in a large number of cases, there is a causal link.

marymary100 - 5-5-2015 at 04:42

I watched the whole thing last night. The homosexuality did not figure in the suicide attempt/search at all.

Queen of Ra - 6-5-2015 at 12:29

Strange...

Last Saturday, I am driving along minding my own business, when I come to a bridge which goes over the M4 motorway. Perched on the outside railing/side of the bridge is a young woman. She is on the WRONG side of the barrier directly over the M4. I do a U turn as soon as I can and go back, do another U turn so I am on the right side of the road and stop a few metres away. Fortunately, 2 men have also stopped and are in the process of pulling her back over the barrier to safety. She crumbles to the floor, pale and clearly shaken. Apparently she was from a local hospital that caters for mental health issues. But guess what - we are being beeped by other car drivers because we have stopped on the bridge. I so sorry you had to go around my car, those extra 2 seconds must be very precious!

QOR

Quaver - 6-5-2015 at 14:06

:o
Glad someone was there to help her.

LSemmens - 7-5-2015 at 01:20

Were you not in the royal chariot, or were you slumming it? Send the royal henchmen around to smite them!!!!!

I'm pleased to hear that all was well, in the end, sadly, mental illness can affect us all. A close friend of our has lost two daughters to the disease. One, literally, the other is still with us (last I heard). Wife's uncles and father suffered from it too.

John_Little - 7-5-2015 at 07:09

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen of Ra
Strange...

Last Saturday, I am driving along minding my own business, when I come to a bridge which goes over the M4 motorway. Perched on the outside railing/side of the bridge is a young woman. She is on the WRONG side of the barrier directly over the M4. I do a U turn as soon as I can and go back, do another U turn so I am on the right side of the road and stop a few metres away. Fortunately, 2 men have also stopped and are in the process of pulling her back over the barrier to safety. She crumbles to the floor, pale and clearly shaken. Apparently she was from a local hospital that caters for mental health issues. But guess what - we are being beeped by other car drivers because we have stopped on the bridge. I so sorry you had to go around my car, those extra 2 seconds must be very precious!

QOR

Very well done, Queenie! And its good to see you weren't alone in caring for another human being.