Karl`s PC Help Forums

Every 15 cigarettes you smoke cause...
marymary100 - 20-1-2013 at 00:31

a mutation

Still smoking?

LSemmens - 20-1-2013 at 08:06

Nope! Pity about some of the others in this world.

waffler - 20-1-2013 at 23:03

maybe what caused my prostate cancer :D

victor - 21-1-2013 at 22:50

8 months without now.

scholar - 21-1-2013 at 23:38

I don't smoke tobacco, or anything else.

marymary100 - 21-1-2013 at 23:57

It didn't even occur to me that we were talking about anything other than tobacco.

Morticia - 22-1-2013 at 11:15

I can't help feeling that adverts like that are only effective as a deterrent to starting smoking.

The idea is to shock ... right?
But it has the reverse effect on me. I'm a smoker .. and I've smoked for years and when I see things like that I just think, carry on smoking ... it's too late to stop .. the health benefits are now minimal or non-existent ... and I reach for a ciggie.

delanti - 22-1-2013 at 14:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Morticia
I can't help feeling that adverts like that are only effective as a deterrent to starting smoking.

The idea is to shock ... right?
But it has the reverse effect on me. I'm a smoker .. and I've smoked for years and when I see things like that I just think, carry on smoking ... it's too late to stop .. the health benefits are now minimal or non-existent ... and I reach for a ciggie.

I was a 30 year smoker but when you are laying there in intensive care with a heart attack and that machine going beep beep it gives you a little incentive to quit. I can't believe it has been 28 years since I quit and I am glad I did. Will I live longer because I quit, who knows, I am just glad my clothes don't stink, there are no smelly ashtrays in my house, things smell better and think of all the money I have saved. Two packs a day for 28 years is 10220 days. Thats 20440 packs at 5 bucks a pack equals $3650.00 a year or $102200.00 for the 28 years. Just a thought.waveysmiley

marymary100 - 22-1-2013 at 17:35

This!

Quaver - 23-1-2013 at 09:21

There's some disturbing ads on youtube:(

I've never smoked, neither did hubby, but I've lost some good friends to ciggies. Youngest person I know was in his 40s, left three sons.

It was horrible.
Cigarettes should be banned:(

John Barnes - 25-1-2013 at 00:59

Never smoked in my life .but that does not guarantee freedom from contracting cancer. jmb:angel

waffler - 26-1-2013 at 03:13

Smoked for most of my life gave up for 14 years then was going through a divorce remarrying selling my house and emigrating got me to smoking again . Had Prostate cancer survived it with surgery and still smoking . About the only thing besides the Prozac that keeps me SANE smokin:

Dreamweaver - 26-1-2013 at 22:38

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Smoked for most of my life gave up for 14 years then was going through a divorce remarrying selling my house and emigrating got me to smoking again . Had Prostate cancer survived it with surgery and still smoking . About the only thing besides the Prozac that keeps me SANE smokin:

I have lots of cancer within my family, kidney. renal? (sp) ovarian, and many more, none of which relate to smoking( as far as I know), I have lost family and friends from more diverse reasons than smoking a fag, so I remain a smoker, I think it keeps me sane and stable. Smoking is a personal thing nowadays, if that makes pariah then so be it. Although I do "keep it in "polite society" )