Karl`s PC Help Forums

What's the most ridiculous thing that...
marymary100 - 10-12-2012 at 17:32

someone has tried to convince you of? (Keep religion and politics out of it please)

marymary100 - 10-12-2012 at 17:35

An example, I used to tell my daughter that Brussel sprouts were fairy cabbages and that for every one she ate, she would get a special wish. :)

Badgergirl - 10-12-2012 at 19:07

The Christmas fairies watched me from the corners of my room and reported back to Santa.

OR...The tooth fairy liked to swim so I should put my tooth in a shot glass full of water.
I'd wake to find a 1 in the shotglass and a teeny tiny little note from the tooth fairy.
I would also leave a tissue so she could dry herself off....

This belief went on FAR too long.

marymary100 - 10-12-2012 at 19:12

I love that one!

Nimuae - 10-12-2012 at 19:27

My older brother used to tell me that the white bits (rice) in Kedgeree were ants eggs - it was years before I would eat it !

John_Little - 10-12-2012 at 19:33

Not me, but one day our eldest (before he was "eld") had a thing about eating animals. He asked where pork came from and we said pigs, beef we said came from cows. And when it was clear that he was quickly going off meat generally he asked "Where does chicken come from" and I answered "eggs". Which he was happy with.

crikey - 10-12-2012 at 19:57

A personal and true incident, of how such a thing can cause significant embarrassment. From my youngest days, everyone in our family called Golden Syrup "treacle". When I was married and had young children of my own, they all used the same name.

One day, sitting around the table having tea, I saw our oldest girl (Rachel - aged about 8 at the time) pick up the tin of treacle and read the label. After a minute or two, she said, "Dad, why do we call this treacle when its name is Golden Syrup?" So. I explained to her that the name treacle had always been used when I was growing up, and that I had just carried on using it. "So, we all call it treacle now. It's like our own family name for it."

She was quiet for a few moments, and then - in that beautiful innocent way that only children can - asked, "Is that why we call a penis a taillie, then?"

After a muffled "yes" from dad, Mr and Mrs C retired from the table with as much speed and propriety as circumstances allowed, and collapsed in hysterical tears in another room!

marymary100 - 10-12-2012 at 21:08

:D:D

waffler - 11-12-2012 at 01:13

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
An example, I used to tell my daughter that Brussel sprouts were fairy cabbages and that for every one she ate, she would get a special wish. :)

Would take a lot more than that to get to eat those nasty smelly things :)

marymary100 - 11-12-2012 at 07:09

You're not doing it right. They are delicious.

Nimuae - 11-12-2012 at 08:05

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Quote:

Would take a lot more than that to get to eat those nasty smelly things :)

Me too !

Nimuae - 11-12-2012 at 08:05

Quote:
You're not doing it right. They are delicious.

Yuk - devil's spawn - however they are done !!

Katzy - 11-12-2012 at 11:22

I wish I'd been a fly on your wall, then, Crikes. :D

I enjoy a few sprouts. Especially if they're raw.

The most ridiculous thing that anyone's ever tried to convince me of, is that a certain football team are the nation's favourites... ;)

LSemmens - 11-12-2012 at 23:23

That Karls Forums has any intelligent people here......skidaddlesetteehidey