Olympic tattoo
marymary100 - 19-7-2012 at 13:37

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18890901

:D

Only in America...

Quaver - 19-7-2012 at 14:33

scared_stiff

Nimuae - 19-7-2012 at 14:46

Oddly enough - I would have expected a 54 yr old person to have more sense than to have a tattoo anyway ! Obviously not.

delanti - 19-7-2012 at 16:50

Right you are Nim, tat's are something that never made any sense to me. waveysmiley

marymary100 - 19-7-2012 at 17:10

Edinburgh Tattoo

Nimuae - 19-7-2012 at 19:41

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Edinburgh Tattoo

Strange that the same word has two such different meanings !waveysmiley

LSemmens - 20-7-2012 at 00:58

I much prefer the Edinburgh one.

Nimuae - 20-7-2012 at 03:43

I agree, Leigh, much more interesting !

the bear - 20-7-2012 at 15:03

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
Oddly enough - I would have expected a 54 yr old person to have more sense than to have a tattoo anyway ! Obviously not.

Tattoos are very much a personal thing, I have a couple of tattoos, not the product of a mis-spent youth I might add.

I was 46 when I had my first tattoo, It was something I thought about long and hard.
It was something very personal to me, a Rite of Passage so to speak. I don't regret having it done, it is still something very spiritual :)

Regards the Bear

Badgergirl - 21-7-2012 at 13:14

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Quote:

Tattoos are very much a personal thing, I have a couple of tattoos, not the product of a mis-spent youth I might add.

I was 46 when I had my first tattoo, It was something I thought about long and hard.
It was something very personal to me, a Rite of Passage so to speak. I don't regret having it done, it is still something very spiritual :)

Regards the Bear

Well said!

I can't remember where I heard it, but someone's quote sticks in my head.
"When I make all kinds of decisions, people don't automatically say "You'll regret it when you are older" because it's considered rude but for some reason, they question my judgement about this one little thing!
When I'm older, my skin will get wrinkly ANYWAY...and it's not like I'll be that pretty. Why not decorate it now while it's still smooth?"

Badgergirl - 21-7-2012 at 13:16

Quote:

What about my ears?
I got two little holes poked in them when I was 18.
I dangle pretty bits of metal from them.

It's a permenant "body mod" but for some reason, nobody tells me I'm not sensible for paying to have holes poked in me.

marymary100 - 21-7-2012 at 18:49

I saw a woman in Edinburgh today who was charging to get her photo taken with people. She had her face tattooed in lurid colours and had lots of facial piercings. It was not a good look, whereas I think that some tattoos look really nice/interesting.

marymary100 - 21-7-2012 at 18:50

P.S. BG, my gran always said you were imperfect once you got your ears pierced. ;)

Nimuae - 21-7-2012 at 19:32

Quote:
Originally posted by Badgergirl
Quote:

What about my ears?

It's a permenant "body mod" but for some reason, nobody tells me I'm not sensible for paying to have holes poked in me.

LOL! Point taken - I also have pierced ears and was accused of mutilating them when I had it done !

I just do not like tattoos. My late brother was covered from head to foot in the things and they made me shudder - my sister in law liked them though.

the bear - 21-7-2012 at 23:03

Tattoos are now a Fashion Statement, over 8o% of the people who get tattoos these days are female

Regards the Bear

Badgergirl - 21-7-2012 at 23:11

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What about my ears?

LOL! Point taken - I also have pierced ears and was accused of mutilating them when I had it done !

I just do not like tattoos. My late brother was covered from head to foot in the things and they made me shudder - my sister in law liked them though.

My Uncle has Navy tattoos (He was in the Navy, so that's ok) and they are AWFUL. I'm sure part of the reason he got them was because his whole family had expressly told him not to!

I can't complain though, he's got my name and my date of birth on his arm, which is really sweet in a tacky kind of way.

My friend has a huge peacock (tail down, not fanned!) all up her back. It really is a stunning piece of artwork.
She's small and of sturdy build, but the tattoo is so graceful it makes her sexier just for being brave enough to choose it.

I HATED tattoos as a kid, but only because my family brought me up to dissaprove.
Now I think..."What the heck" . Some are fab, some are tacky, some are creepy, and some are tiny hidden momentos.
Wouldn't the world be boring if nobody was the sort of person to get a stupid tattoo?

LSemmens - 22-7-2012 at 02:17

Your second to last paragraph sums it up pretty well, BG, especially the, "Some are fab, some are tacky" bit. Problem is, most are the latter.

Nimuae - 22-7-2012 at 09:09

and some Tattooists need to learn how to spell !

the bear - 22-7-2012 at 10:03

Quote:
and some Tattooists need to learn how to spell !

I read a story about a ardent Newcastle football fan who had a big tattoo of Andy Cole on his arm, just before Mr Cole transfered to another football club. :o

Tattoos are forever, :(

Regards the Bear

August - 22-7-2012 at 13:37

I had my first, & only, tattoo done when I was 55yrs ... kewl_glasses

Badgergirl - 22-7-2012 at 16:49

Quote:
Originally posted by August

Hello August!

What did you get done?

August - 22-7-2012 at 18:38

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by August

Hello August!

What did you get done?

Hello ! .... I had a sort of bracelet effect around my wrist. I designed it myself. :)

Nimuae - 23-7-2012 at 09:30

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear

Tattoos are forever, :(

Regards the Bear

LOL!! Yes - you are quite right Mr Bear. Problem is - what you like when you are 18, 25, whatever may not be what you like when you are in your 60s. My brother had hundreds - including one that said 'I love Mary' - then he married Patsy !!

marymary100 - 23-7-2012 at 10:02

lips_sealed

22 errors

Nimuae - 23-7-2012 at 11:36

That is just revolting !

delanti - 23-7-2012 at 15:16

I don't know if you on that side of the pond get the TV program American Pickers or not. On that show there is a girl that has tats on her shoulders, neck and chest down as far as they can show visible on TV. It all has an artistic appearance as it is more of a design than a picture. The first time I saw it, it was one of the "wow" moments but as time passed, it was not so shocking.

I would not want something like that and I am sure I would not want a relationship with someone decorated like that. I drove truck with a guy who had a spider tattoo on his penis. He was always trying to get the girls to look at his tattoo.waggyfinger

marymary100 - 23-7-2012 at 15:55

Didn't he know that girls are scared of spiders, and idiots?

LSemmens - 24-7-2012 at 00:51

That is Tradgic! (sick.):)(sic.)

delanti - 25-8-2012 at 02:22

Ran across this piece that has some interesting information in it about tattoo's.
http://news.yahoo.com/hidden-risks-getting-tattoo-113631936.html
Ink

LSemmens - 25-8-2012 at 14:01

Thanks for the link, delanti, Here's a piece about tattoo removal.