Karl`s PC Help Forums

NHS Lottery
charles - 5-10-2011 at 12:31

This Saturday starts a new lottery,for the NHS, I think its a very good idea and my tickets have been purchased/


Theravad - 5-10-2011 at 13:04

Quote:
Originally posted by charles
This Saturday starts a new lottery,for the NHS, I think its a very good idea and my tickets have been purchased/


You think it is a good idea that just 25p out of every pound you spend is donated to NHS aligned projects.

75% of your money is going elsewhere.

Good idea for those who set the scam/scheme up?

T


John_Little - 5-10-2011 at 13:28

I thought you were talking about operations.


sceptre - 5-10-2011 at 13:46

It's actually The Health lottery and has little to do with the NHS ,
It also seems to be causing havoc at the tills with queues building up because it's using paypoint (slow to connect and staff are having to re-enter the numbers manualy ) rather than a dedicated system .


http://www.healthlottery.co.uk/lottery/lottery-good-causes


charles - 5-10-2011 at 13:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Theravad
Quote:
Originally posted by charles
This Saturday starts a new lottery,for the NHS, I think its a very good idea and my tickets have been purchased/


You think it is a good idea that just 25p out of every pound you spend is donated to NHS aligned projects.

75% of your money is going elsewhere.

Good idea for those who set the scam/scheme up?

T


It says they would make 50,000,000 out of it..waggyfinger


marymary100 - 5-10-2011 at 15:30

I think it's a disgrace - those of us who pay taxes and NI have paid more than enough into the system to fund it already. Don't let me stop you further funding it though...


charles - 5-10-2011 at 16:54

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
I think it's a disgrace - those of us who pay taxes and NI have paid more than enough into the system to fund it already. Don't let me stop you further funding it though...


I thought an intelligent young lady like you would have known they are seriousley under funded in the NHS.


marymary100 - 5-10-2011 at 17:00

Maybe in England...


Dreamweaver - 5-10-2011 at 17:06

Quote:
Originally posted by Theravad
Quote:
Originally posted by charles
This Saturday starts a new lottery,for the NHS, I think its a very good idea and my tickets have been purchased/


You think it is a good idea that just 25p out of every pound you spend is donated to NHS aligned projects.

75% of your money is going elsewhere.

Good idea for those who set the scam/scheme up?

T

It's only 20p going to "causes".
They started collecting for the 1st draw last week giving them a week ahead to get funds in.


Theravad - 5-10-2011 at 17:08

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver

It's only 20p going to "causes".
They started collecting for the 1st draw last week giving them a week ahead to get funds in.


That is truly appalling.

I was reading one of the papers waiting for a coffee the other morning and it was pushing it like it was the saviour of the NHS. Probably a vested interest. Not sure how Branson who wanted to run the lottery at cost price ever got rejected.

Hmm.


victor - 6-10-2011 at 15:41

It has nothing to do with the NHS it is privately run.


Big-Ray - 6-10-2011 at 15:58

Quote:
Originally posted by charles
I thought an intelligent young lady like you would have known they are seriousley under funded in the NHS.




lips_sealed Oh dear, here we go again, is there a common denominator? confused2

waggyfinger

Or, am I wide of the mark......................confused2


sceptre - 6-10-2011 at 16:14

Quote:
Originally posted by victor
It has nothing to do with the NHS it is privately run.


Thanks for that victor , waveysmiley confirming what I posted earlier , not only that but the money doesn't even go to any part of the NHS .(see the link posted previously)

Quote:
Money raised will not go towards services that are covered by existing NHS funding.


marymary100 - 6-10-2011 at 16:34

Quote:
Originally posted by sceptre
Quote:
Originally posted by victor
It has nothing to do with the NHS it is privately run.


Thanks for that victor , waveysmiley confirming what I posted earlier , not only that but the money doesn't even go to any part of the NHS .(see the link posted previously)

Quote:
Money raised will not go towards services that are covered by existing NHS funding.
All the more reason to avoid it then.


Theravad - 6-10-2011 at 16:43

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
All the more reason to avoid it then.


Indeed. However, as I stated earlier, at least one tabloid were hyping this as the saving of the NHS. Probably a vested interest but poor journalism and extremely misleading for those who do not read beyond the headlines.

BTW if you would like to send me a 1 for a ticket in my SaveThePensions lotto, you get a negligible chance to win something and I promise a percent (lit) of this will go good causes.


marymary100 - 6-10-2011 at 16:49

Quote:
Originally posted by Theravad
Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
All the more reason to avoid it then.


Indeed. However, as I stated earlier, at least one tabloid were hyping this as the saving of the NHS. Probably a vested interest but poor journalism and extremely misleading for those who do not read beyond the headlines.

BTW if you would like to send me a 1 for a ticket in my SaveThePensions lotto, you get a negligible chance to win something and I promise a percent (lit) of this will go good causes.
I already gave away a sizable amount of money to charity today - with no chance of getting anything in return but that's fair enough.