Karl`s PC Help Forums

How safe is your mobile phone?
Dreamweaver - 12-7-2011 at 22:23

In light of the recent phone hackings etc, this article may be of use....

Advice

Personally I only use mine to make calls and texts.....

giron - 12-7-2011 at 22:33

I don't even use mine to make calls, I just use it as a camera/ mp3 player/ accessing the internet/ GPS sat nav and one or two other things that I can't remember at the moment.

It hasn't even got a sim card in it.

waffler - 13-7-2011 at 00:52

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
I don't even use mine to make calls, I just use it as a camera/ mp3 player/ accessing the internet/ GPS sat nav and one or two other things that I can't remember at the moment.

So Why have one :D

Faolan - 13-7-2011 at 18:43

Mine is encrypted and can do remote wipe if it gets lost or stolen.

So pretty secure!

Nimuae - 13-7-2011 at 21:43

Mine lurks at the bottom of my handbag - I think I have only put 20 credit on it in the last year. It only comes out if I miss the last bus home and need a taxi or to send a text.

waffler - 14-7-2011 at 02:22

Mine gets used daily usually for work especialy if i'm out of the office on a smoke break smokin:

LSemmens - 14-7-2011 at 05:44

Mine is currently with SWMBO, so I can't even play with it.

Quaver - 14-7-2011 at 07:49

I'm not worth hacking:D

Nimuae - 14-7-2011 at 07:50

I can fully understand the people who need to be contacted for work - the ones who drive me crazy are those who sit on the bus/train chatting to the person they have just left, or the cheats who who tell their partners they are working late when they are actually out with someone else !

Mobiles phones are a two faced commodity !

giron - 14-7-2011 at 10:44

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Quote:
Originally posted by giron

So Why have one :D

Because my son gave it to me when he upgraded his handset.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth, that's what I say. waveysmiley

delanti - 15-7-2011 at 00:21

My Son and I were watching the news this morning and they did an bit on phone hacking. I told him I have been concerned about someone hacking my phone and he almost fell out of his chair laughing. ????????????????confused2

LSemmens - 15-7-2011 at 02:00

In this day of smart phones it certainly is a threat. None of us think that computer security is a joke, so why should we not be as secure with our phones which probably contain far more sensitive data than our PC's anyway.

giron - 15-7-2011 at 10:33

Quote:
Originally posted by delanti
I told him I have been concerned about someone hacking my phone and he almost fell out of his chair laughing. ????????????????confused2

He doesn't work for Rupert Murdoch by any chance, does he ? :o