Karl`s PC Help Forums

Archeologists to raise ancient Egyptian sun boat
scholar - 24-6-2011 at 13:45

Here.

No, the boat is not being raised from the bottom of a sea--it was buried with a pharoah, to be his ship into the afterlife. shocked_yellow

Hmmmm. Will such a ship be well-engineered for use as a real ship? It occurs to me that a ship which is buried for use in the afterlife could be designed like Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers spaceships and robots--they need only look good to impress, they didn't have to actually work.

Would the pharoah know the difference? It's not as if Egypt is full of seas and lakes, that everyone knew all about boats and ships from daily experience.:D

Faolan - 24-6-2011 at 18:29

To answer your question. Yes Pharaohs knew about ship building you can still see examples of such boats today on the River Nile, designs dating back thousands of years.

The ships used in the after life would most likely have been built with the same techniques and knowledge for sea worthy or river worth craft. There are countless examples in Egyptian art of barges. There is also the Khufu vessel which was found at Giza dated around 2,500 BC and it's dimensions are pretty big about 145ft by 20ft I think.

Also consider it's like the Nile was used for the construction of the Pyramds. The processionals lead to the river bed of where the Nile flowed thousands of years ago, as do many major structures in Egyptian past. Plus they had extremely advanced construction techniques far in advance of what we have today.

Also get away from Christian way of thinking. Egyptian culture was more holistic and matriarchal orientated than we are today. Death but was another journey and you prepared well for such a journey. Your goods was not to show your worth but also to aid you to your journey to the stars. They had a very open and interesting World View that's totally alien to modern thinking, and this one of the reasons for corruption of Egyptian history as we are a patriarchal society. A matriarchal society is a very complex one and it's not just about the female being in charge, they had equal power or sometimes greater. You can see this in the multitude of sculptures found in museums worldwide. You also note that many of the male figures show a distinct feminine cast, unlike our societies which casts our statuary in a male cast.

Whatever you think about the Egyptians and the Pharaohs is probably wrong, our World View wrote their history, and recent archaeological evidence is not just dismantling it but flat out demolishing it. The the amount of inconsistencies in the Western view of the Nile cultures which date back to over 10,000 years ago, maybe even further back to 20-30,000 years ago.

For one thing, the positioning of Gize, and the 2 other main Pyramid sites all show extremely advanced astronomical awareness, construction abilities and advanced cutting tools. There are also numerous references to electric devices (similar to the Baghdad battery, light bulbs) and even aerodynamic forms (Saqqara 'bird'). What's disturbing about all this is that there is cultures in South America and Asia that show similar or greater sophistication.

Whether we like it or not, Egyptians and ancient cultures where far more advanced than we are today in many areas. There is a missing link in human civilisation, a major hole in history that's not readily explained. Especially when we find temples dating back to 15,000 - 20,000 years ago and massive city complexes under the sea dating back to at least 10,000 years if not older.

We will have to re-write history, but historians, archaeologists and scholars don't want to destroy centuries of lies until they are forced to. Slowly but surely this is happening.

This isn't even touching on the more exotic theories such as what's in the Bible, Mahabharata (one of the oldest written records known to man dating back to least 10-15,000 years), Mesopotamian/tablets tablet and more.

This has gone a bit off topic, but it's not just a case of yes it could float and be usable, you had to understand the principles behind the Egyptian culture to understand why it would have to be so.

scholar - 24-6-2011 at 20:59

I meant no insult to the ancient Egyptian culture, Faolan, and I certainly respect what I now of their technology.

In my areas of study, I often find myself at odds with modern people who look down on people before the renaissance. The moderns suppose that they know more than anyone, and that any record of events which they cannot themselves explain in a naturalistic way is false. They can hardly imagine that the ancients would look on them with contempt for concentrating on the physical world, without giving priority to wisdom and spiritual values.

If, as I believe, the Biblical accounts are true, then early men showed great intelligence, ability, inventiveness, and talent. In the times when men lived much longer than they do now, there was opportunity to accumulate great knowledge and experience.

Katzy - 25-6-2011 at 09:05

Those Christians who deny the existance of a previous, highly developed civilisation are, surely, denying the story of Noah, are they not?

scholar - 25-6-2011 at 10:48

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
Those Christians who deny the existance of a previous, highly developed civilisation are, surely, denying the story of Noah, are they not?

Yes. Many of them follow the viewpoint that Janet takes, claiming that before sometime in the Christian era, all peoples held to a mythological understanding of truth, where they didn't distinguish between what really happened as an observable event and stories that convey meaning without having actually happened.

I believe this is a profound misunderstanding. of the minds of the ancient peoples.