Karl`s PC Help Forums

She is gone
DeWitch - 8-6-2011 at 10:29

My Mom died yesterday morning.
The hospital called me at 10:34 AM to tell me that they didn't think she would make it through another night and that we should all come as soon as possible.
I hurried to get there, at the desk I asked if she was in the same room and they said yes.
I went to her room which was two floors away and walked in.
The curtains around her bed were closed but I could hear someone talking and I went in.
Her face was covered, I was too late.
Everyone was apologizing and saying that I should have been told before I came in but where were they?
The desk knew I came in and I had a long walk to her room.
Also her time of death was listed as 10:36 AM so I have to wonder why they waited so long to call.
I would have had to be in the next room to get to her before she went IF she was even still alive when they called me.

Redwolf5150 - 8-6-2011 at 10:55

My condolences for your loss.

There are times when members of the medical professional can be woefully ignorant of the ways of the human heart.

John_Little - 8-6-2011 at 10:59

Sorry, Dewitch.

LSemmens - 8-6-2011 at 12:44

Sad news, DeWitch, she is at peace, now. (((((Hugs)))))

DeWitch - 8-6-2011 at 13:55

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Sad news, DeWitch, she is at peace, now. (((((Hugs)))))

That is the only consolation but my nephew is not.
I don't know how he is going to be able to deal with it - she was like a mother to him not just Gram.
He spent over 10 years of his life caring for her after Dad died.
My heart so goes out to him as the grief is for our loss not hers. She is with her beloved husband and lost daughter of less than a year old now.

DeWitch - 8-6-2011 at 13:56

thank you John Little & RedWolf

marymary100 - 8-6-2011 at 16:09

Sorry to hear your sad news (((DeWitch))).

John Barnes - 8-6-2011 at 18:50

she is now with her maker and out of suffering Rip jmb

Nimuae - 8-6-2011 at 19:31

Sad news DeWitch - may angels fly her safely home.

Quaver - 8-6-2011 at 19:49

So sorry (((DeWitch))):(

Badgergirl - 8-6-2011 at 19:55

I am so sorry to hear your news DeWitch.

HUGS

Post what you feel, when or if you feel like it. We're all here if you need to vent, cry or whatever you wish.

:(

Dreamweaver - 8-6-2011 at 20:17

Quote:
Originally posted by DeWitch
Also her time of death was listed as 10:36 AM so I have to wonder why they waited so long to call.
I would have had to be in the next room to get to her before she went IF she was even still alive when they called me.

The human heart and will is a bit of an enigma DW, twice they told me Karl was near to death and I dragged people from either end of the country to be near but he fought back.
Your Mom must have been very weary and couldn't wait. Little consolation to you and yours I know.Take comfort in the fact she is at peace, the next few weeks will be filled with blame, remorse and regrets before you all come through this ordeal :(

the bear - 9-6-2011 at 03:25

Quote:
Originally posted by DeWitch
The hospital called me at 10:34 AM to tell me that they didn't think she would make it through another night and that we should all come as soon as possible.
I hurried to get there, at the desk I asked if she was in the same room and they said yes.
I went to her room which was two floors away and walked in.
The curtains around her bed were closed but I could hear someone talking and I went in.
Her face was covered, I was too late.
Everyone was apologizing and saying that I should have been told before I came in but where were they?
The desk knew I came in and I had a long walk to her room.

Blessings to you all,

Sincere regards, the Bear

scholar - 9-6-2011 at 03:36

My sympathies to you and your family, Candace. If you lived closer, I would go to the funeral.
flowers_kf

delanti - 9-6-2011 at 03:54

So sorry to hear this loss to you and your family. When we lose a parent, I believe we all question our efforts to aid and comfort them in their last days.

Sometimes the limitations of time and distance prevent us from doing as much as we would wish to do but we need to accept the fact that we accomplished as much as possible considering the circumstance.

In the next few days may your memories of your Mother lighten your heart and give you strength. waveysmiley

Morticia - 9-6-2011 at 11:36

I don't think we've ever really spoken to each other on here Dewitch.
But ...
No bereavment ever feels quite the same as losing your mum. Mums are different ....

Hugs to you.
morty
XX