Karl`s PC Help Forums

Contravention of section 107(1)(e) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
marymary100 - 31-5-2011 at 19:53

Scottish woman gets probation and psychiatric counselling for illegal file sharing.

waffler - 1-6-2011 at 00:41

Stay away from Limewire :D

John_Little - 1-6-2011 at 08:36

If she really wasn't making money out of that then I think this was right over the top.

LSemmens - 1-6-2011 at 13:25

Quote:
Her activities were identified during an initial investigation by BPI (British Recorded Music Industry) and IFPI (International Federation for the Phonographic Industry
One guess as to what International federation I first saw.

Redwolf5150 - 1-6-2011 at 14:03

Quote:
had not used the network for any financial gain, but to build up her self-esteem after suffering from depression for a number of years.

There goes Eorl's defense.

roffle

Nimuae - 1-6-2011 at 18:46

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Quote:
Her activities were identified during an initial investigation by BPI (British Recorded Music Industry) and IFPI (International Federation for the Phonographic Industry
One guess as to what International federation I first saw.

shocked_yellow wooty

giron - 1-6-2011 at 19:07

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Stay away from Limewire :D

Yes indeed and don't be tempted to make illegal copies of music from YouTube. waggyfinger

Faolan - 1-6-2011 at 19:36

Love to know how they managed to work out the costs. 55k seems a touch high when you consider you can get most tracks from ITunes for 99p or less.

Unlike America where damages are cumulative/speculative the UK is for market value per infringing item. Something that's got the RIAA/BPI/et al gnashing thier teeth over as it's not really worth their time going after file shares as it is in America.