Karl`s PC Help Forums

HI! De(lost)Witch
DeWitch - 29-5-2011 at 20:24

Hi all,
Sorry I have not been around. A new home takes a lot of time
PLUS my Mom is in the hospital now and having to have dialysis at least 3 times a week and my Bear Dog can't walk more than a few steps by himself any more so things are not the best here.
BUT wanted to show you how pretty it is here right now
Did these photos Friday the 27th of May our 1 year anniversary here. Did the "video" today when I discovered the way to do it on Picasa - great sharing program:)
AND YES Redwolf - I know it needs more flowers!
The Pond, The Geese & Boo

marymary100 - 29-5-2011 at 20:35

Very pretty. Hope your mum gets better soon.

DeWitch - 29-5-2011 at 20:40

Thanks Mary
Mom is very frail and weak and has heart problems along with kidney problems. Last year the doctors told her she would be dead by now, I think she wishes she was. She has always been a very independent woman and now she has to have help for anything she does.

Nimuae - 29-5-2011 at 21:14

Good to see you again - sorry to hear about your mum.

DeWitch - 30-5-2011 at 03:06

Hi Nimue:)
thank you

LSemmens - 30-5-2011 at 04:19

Welcome back O witched woman. I hope things improve rapidly for you. Is your mum eligible for a transplant?

The pond looks beautiful.

Dreamweaver - 30-5-2011 at 06:53

Welcome back DW,it's good to see you again.
I hope things get better for your mum.The pond looks idyllic, are they Canada Geese on there?

Quaver - 30-5-2011 at 07:58

It's beautiful DeWitch:love1)

DeWitch - 30-5-2011 at 12:53

Hi Leigh and thanks for the welcome.

No, Mom has heart problems too, the doctors actually told her last year that she would be dead by now.

Yes, the pond is a joy - we have many different ducks, Mallards, Hooded Mergansers & Wood Duck, visit it this
spring and I have enjoyed watching them all. The Wood Duck only came once, that I saw, and I didn't get a chance to photograph him which is a shame since they are very colorful and beautiful.

DeWitch - 30-5-2011 at 12:57

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver
Welcome back DW,it's good to see you again.
I hope things get better for your mum.The pond looks idyllic, are they Canada Geese on there?

Hi DW and thank you for the welcome back & the good wishes for Mom.

Yes, they are Canadian Geese. They are very regal looking but they make a nasty mess and they do not like Boo. She is really good around them too and never chases them UNTIL they fly ha ha. She is my silly little girly girl.

DeWitch - 30-5-2011 at 13:01

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
It's beautiful DeWitch:love1)

Hi there Quaver:)
How are things with you? Good I hope.
I do enjoy looking at the pond and hope to be able to swim in it this summer - last summer it was too new and you could not walk on the edges without sinking into mud nearly up to your knees. It is much better this year.

John Barnes - 30-5-2011 at 14:49

Sorry to hear about your Mom ,I hope her quality of life improves.
By the the tranquil settings I see you are living the American dream
all the best to you and family and your Mom. jmb

waffler - 30-5-2011 at 19:12

Good to see you back and hope your mom gets betta waveysmiley

scholar - 30-5-2011 at 19:41

Hello, DeWitchwaveysmiley

I was thinking about you just the other day, and I'm so glad to see you here again:D

I wish your mother the very best, and will pray for her. Getting a longer life, but losing some independence--it's a hard bargain to accept, let alone embrace. It is good to have a supportive daughter.;) When we were little, we were dependent on our parents; sometimes, we get the opportunity to pay them back when they are in need.

I'm sorry to hear that Bear is having such a difficult time now, too. Do you think that animals accept their condition more readily than humans?

DeWitch - 31-5-2011 at 12:41

H John,
Unfortunately I do not think that is going to happen. I think Mom is very tired and ready to give up the fight.
Yes it is lovely where we are now - AND no screaming brats invading our privacy to tease my poor pups or destroy things
(fingers crossed it stays that way)

Thank you Waffler:)

Hi Scholar,
Nice to see you too:)
Mom has not been the same since my Dad died and that was nearly 11 years ago.
She is very frail & tired now and really does not want to fight any more. I don't want her to go but I can understand how she feels. I have had a day or two where I might have felt that way and cannot imagine weeks and months of feeling that way.
Bear just breaks my heart seeing him struggle to get around but he is still the same "guy" with love and a wagging tail for us.
Yes I do think that animals accept things like this better than humans do. Being that - it does not make it easier for me to accept since I cry for his failings.

Hugs & Love to all

LSemmens - 1-6-2011 at 11:39

How old is your mum, DeWitch. I can imagine that she misses your dad terribly. Mine did, even though she succeeded him by a good 23 years. I suspect that the only reason that my mother lived as long was that she had a small child to tend....me (I was 3 when dad died). Give her our love and, I'm sure you know this, continually remind her that you love her.

DeWitch - 1-6-2011 at 13:43

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
How old is your mum, DeWitch. I can imagine that she misses your dad terribly. Mine did, even though she succeeded him by a good 23 years. I suspect that the only reason that my mother lived as long was that she had a small child to tend....me (I was 3 when dad died). Give her our love and, I'm sure you know this, continually remind her that you love her.

Hi Leigh,
Mom just turned 85 last month.
I do believe she lasted this long because of my nephew who she felt "needed her" and who is now caring for her most of the time.
Will do and do do;)
HUGS

Redwolf5150 - 1-6-2011 at 14:00

Now that you're coming around again maybe I'll start coming around more often too.

Cause and effect?

Probably.

:D

DeWitch - 2-6-2011 at 00:44

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150
Now that you're coming around again maybe I'll start coming around more often too.

Cause and effect?

Probably.

:D

HUH?

delanti - 2-6-2011 at 00:45

Hi Candace, even though it is difficult to see your mother endure her situation, when the time comes you will find comfort in the f act that you have done all you could to help her through this difficult time. I wish both you and her my best.

Glad to see you are keeping the photography skills honed.waveysmiley

DeWitch - 2-6-2011 at 01:00

Quote:
Originally posted by delanti
Hi Candace, even though it is difficult to see your mother endure her situation, when the time comes you will find comfort in the f act that you have done all you could to help her through this difficult time. I wish both you and her my best.

Glad to see you are keeping the photography skills honed.waveysmiley

Hi my friend and thank you:)