Karl`s PC Help Forums

Second hand shopping
marymary100 - 27-10-2010 at 17:02

Books
Antiques
Jumble sales
Cars...

What type of second hand shopping do you like?

Katzy - 27-10-2010 at 20:37

In incapacity benefit, everything! :D

Daz - 27-10-2010 at 21:07

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Books
Antiques
Jumble sales
Cars...

What type of second hand shopping do you like?

PC bits.

Bargains in general. :D

waffler - 27-10-2010 at 23:26

Flea Markets and yard sales :)

scholar - 28-10-2010 at 00:55

Thrift shops, including shops where donated items are sold to support charities. In my city, there are such stores to support a mission that helps people who are down on their luck (needing food and shelter), a Lutheran school, a Christian youth program, another Christian mission, the Salvation Army's work, and the Good Will programs to help people get employment.

I get clothing, kitchen items, shoes, and appliances at such places.

LSemmens - 28-10-2010 at 08:45

Anything that is worth while is good. We check out just about any sale if we have the time and money.

the bear - 28-10-2010 at 08:52

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Thrift shops, including shops where donated items are sold to support charities. In my city, there are such stores to support a mission that helps people who are down on their luck (needing food and shelter), a Lutheran school, a Christian youth program, another Christian mission, the Salvation Army's work, and the Good Will programs to help people get employment.

I get clothing, kitchen items, shoes, and appliances at such places.

I buy a lot of books from charity shops, but would never buy a pair of shoes that someone else had worn.

We actually have a charity book shop in the village.

Regards the Bear

Quaver - 29-10-2010 at 10:48

Carsdriv_ing

the bear - 29-10-2010 at 11:29

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
Carsdriv_ing

Most certainly cars and quite often 2nd, 3rd and even 5th hand. ;)

Regards the Bear

scholar - 29-10-2010 at 11:34

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Quote:
Carsdriv_ing

Regards the Bear
This is the kind of unexpected learning that comes up in conversation. I did not even know that UK people had five hands.shocked_yellow

:jester)

the bear - 29-10-2010 at 11:40

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Quote:
Carsdriv_ing

Regards the Bear
This is the kind of unexpected learning that comes up in conversation. I did not even know that UK people had five hands.shocked_yellow

:jester)

Indubitably so, how do you think we multi task so well, ;)

Regards the Bear

scholar - 29-10-2010 at 11:43

Surely you do not need five hands. Your two hands must be able to hold as much as five hands of us little-handed people.:D

the bear - 29-10-2010 at 12:14

Quote:
Surely you do not need five hands. Your two hands must be able to hold as much as five hands of us little-handed people.:D

Scholar my big hands come into their own when I carry old peoples shopping home for them :)

Regards the Bear

LSemmens - 30-10-2010 at 02:35

Naughty Bear! You can't take other people's shopping home! They'll sick the Bobbies onto you! waggyfinger

scholar - 30-10-2010 at 03:01

I'm sure he carries the shopping items to their cars, or from their cars to their homes, for them. I recall they have been described as "like shovels."

My hands are not especially large.

the bear - 30-10-2010 at 20:57

Quote:
I'm sure he carries the shopping items to their cars, or from their cars to their homes, for them. I recall they have been described as "like shovels."

My hands are not especially large.

Several weeks ago I was walking my dog when I met an old lady (very frail, stooped and walking very slowly with a stick) getting off the bus, I asked if I could carry her bags for her, she agreed and asked me if she could hold my arm. I walked her to her door which was only a few streets away, she thanked me saying it was a long time since she had been on the arm of a handsome young man :)

The other morning I was again walking the dog but had my head down against the wind and the rain when I heard this knock knock knocking, I looked up to see the same old lady banging for all she was worth on the window of the bus at the bus stop, I got the most enthusiastic smile and cheerie wave as the bus drove of. It quite made my day. :):):)

Regards the Bear

LSemmens - 31-10-2010 at 05:36

Does Mrs Bear know about your extra-marital "affairs"? Hmmmm? nananana