Karl`s PC Help Forums

What would we do without them.
the bear - 3-11-2009 at 04:52

So many people complain about the National Health Service, whining about long waiting times and cancelled clinics and any number of problems that arise with their treatment. I wonder if those same people appreciate the service they get where it really matters?

Tonight I had reason to call for help, and requested the attendance of a doctor in an emergency, within minuets of pressing the go button I had a Paramedic at the door ( he responded because he was nearby and offered his assistance till the doctor arrived. The doctor arrived within 10 mins but before him an ambulance and two more paramedics also attended. The required treatment was given without fuss or effort.
The doctor stayed about 40 mins until things had stabilized.
when he left he gave me a card with his direct telephone number in case I should need any further assistant.

The same doctor has just phoned to check that Mrs Bear has settled and remains comfortable.

The speed and efficient manner everybody worked at was absolutely amazing.

I for one will most certainly writing a letter of thanks to the call centre and the doctor respectively

Regards the Bear

marymary100 - 3-11-2009 at 07:09

On here I've only seen criticism of the NHS from those who are not entitled to it.

John_Little - 3-11-2009 at 08:52

:)

But I think writing a letter of thanks is a nice idea, Bear. I bet they don't get many of them.

Quaver - 3-11-2009 at 09:36

Glad Mrs.Bear is better ((Mr & Mrs Bear)):)

LSemmens - 3-11-2009 at 13:24

Your comments, mary, sadly are too true. I've seen the inside of too many hospitals in the last couple of weeks, too! I hope Mrs Bear is going better now Bear. It's always hard when it seems that all is out of control and you are just an impotent onlooker. Hang in there, mate.

Swish Checkley - 3-11-2009 at 15:14

I'm sorry you both had to have that expereince Bear but I'm glad it was a good one. I have no complaints about the NHS in the way they have treated me or any of my family and think that on the whole they do a very good job.

scholar - 3-11-2009 at 17:01

Good for the NHS! doffs_cap

Mrs. Bear is fortunate to have you, O Bear.:)

giron - 5-11-2009 at 14:04

Report should go a long way to answering criticisms of the NHS.

I'm sure that most of us would admit that it's not perfect, but it's infinitely superior to the American system.

marymary100 - 5-11-2009 at 16:35

Man mind thyself hasn't caught on here yet, thankfully.

giron - 5-11-2009 at 17:29

Well, it is a very selfish attitude to take, no wonder it's so popular in America.

scholar - 5-11-2009 at 18:29

An American who is familiar with the horrible treatment that the U.S. government has inflicted on those already subject to government health care--the corruption, the incompetence, the criminal activity--would have to have a truly evil, sadistic heart to want to extend it to more people.

The present government health care systems--Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans' Administration, and Indian health care--give limited care, cannot be sustained financially, waste huge amounts of money, and funnel large amounts of money to criminal enterprises. The Democrats have been saying, "Give us control over the whole health care sytem, then we'll fix it." Here's a better idea: Stop the waste and corruption FIRST; demonstrate that the U.S. government can do as good a job as the UK. The evidence so far suggests it won't.

giron - 5-11-2009 at 21:32

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Stop the waste and corruption FIRST; demonstrate that the U.S. government can do as good a job as the UK. The evidence so far suggests it won't.

If your government is as corrupt as you claim it to be, why is nothing being done about it?

Here in Britain they are currently attempting to sort out the recent issue that involved MPs making fraudulent expenses claims.

From what you are saying, the situation in America is far more serious, yet nothing is being done.