Karl`s PC Help Forums

Article--Cheap Dates suggestions
scholar - 29-10-2009 at 22:18

Here.

I'd be glad to read opinions on these ideas. :)

marymary100 - 29-10-2009 at 22:42

Of the suggestions I'd enjoy the art gallery and museums and possibly the bottle of plonk in an attractive garden. If all the "dates" were cheapskate ones however I'd be wondering why.

victor - 29-10-2009 at 22:58

I reckon a walk in the park then window shopping followed by a meal at pitza hut paid with there two for one offer.

Quaver - 30-10-2009 at 00:08

Quote:
Originally posted by victor
I reckon a walk in the park then window shopping followed by a meal at pitza hut paid with there two for one offer.

I love those 2 for 1 offers:D
There's a great list here for UK people:http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-restaurant-deals

Quaver - 30-10-2009 at 00:09

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
If all the "dates" were cheapskate ones however I'd be wondering why.

Scholar, just let her know your financial situation, and she should be OKwaveysmiley

Daz - 30-10-2009 at 03:10

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
Quote:
Originally posted by victor

I love those 2 for 1 offers:D
There's a great list here for UK people:http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-restaurant-deals

If you sign up for their newsletters etc, they often send you 50% off voucher codes, or three for two etc. Had one from Dominos yesterday, and Pizza Hut today! (Text service seems better)

giron - 30-10-2009 at 11:27

A 9-cents-per-can Faygo Cola and two straws should do the job.

You can't get much cheaper than that. waveysmiley

Daz - 30-10-2009 at 12:27

When Mrs D and I first started out, our dates were usually cheap, with a short trip to the seafront, sharing a bag of chips, and then a quick jaunt up up on to the common.

The only time we spent any real money was when we went clubbing. Thankfully, we decided the trips to the seafront were more enjoyable, and the clubbing got less and less.

Once we moved in together, it all went out the window mind, as any spare cash was spent of the house.

Good times.

Mary2 - 30-10-2009 at 13:13

Nothing wrong with a bag of chips on the sea front and as a relationship develops we can find things that are mutually pleasant which cost next to nothing at all.
:)

If, however, the word "date" implies something less than a relationship then perhaps the occasional treat would be the way forward. And don't forget that as women have their own salaries these days that occasionally the treats would be funded by them or even better going dutch is a possibility.

LSemmens - 30-10-2009 at 14:00

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Of the suggestions I'd enjoy the art gallery and museums and possibly the bottle of plonk in an attractive garden. If all the "dates" were cheapskate ones however I'd be wondering why.
Mary is thinking for me here!

Swish Checkley - 30-10-2009 at 18:50

My thoughts on the suggestions given:
1 A psychic reader - NO! Oh dear god no.
2 The beach - yes, nice (though three hours away from the sea wouldn't make that a cheap date for me)
3 People watching - hmm. I like people watching but only as part of doing something else.
4 Art galleries - yes if I'm in the mood though it wouldn't appeal to all.
5 Restaurant openings - I've never been to a resturant opening but it sounds like fun.
6 Wine night - yes, as long as my date doesn't drink too much wine!
7 Hiking - yes, Mr Swish and I spent a lot of time walking when we first got together.
8 Bookstores - I like bookstores but as a date no not really.
9 Museums - see art galleries above
10 Pet stores - um, no that's just odd. we've been to zoos together quite a bit but they are not often cheap and I suspect the more expensive ones can look after their animals better.

marymary100 - 30-10-2009 at 19:25

cheap date vouchers UK