Karl`s PC Help Forums

Father's Day
marymary100 - 20-6-2009 at 19:11

Are you doing anything special or do you think it is just a commercially driven excuse to sell things?

scholar - 20-6-2009 at 20:06

My own father has passed on. My two daughters (step-daughters to me) have not intentionally kept in touch (sometimes I get to see or hear from one of them when they call or stop by for their brother).

My son Tim has not said he plans to do anything special.

I think it is a good day. I think that in American culture, there are still fathers who spend less time with their sons and daughters than do the mothers, to the detriment of the offspring. I hope fathers who still have children at home will make a point of spending some time with them--a day at the park, or miniature golf--something that involves interaction (as contrasted to movies, for example, which are more of a side-by-side experience).

Tim and I are both short on money. If he wants to do something, it will have to be cheap.

waffler - 20-6-2009 at 22:16

Fathers Day along with Mothers Day is just another day . The only people who make from this are the ones that sell the Cards and Gifts .
As for me I will be working as usual . :(

Snowy - 21-6-2009 at 08:15

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Fathers Day along with Mothers Day is just another day . The only people who make from this are the ones that sell the Cards and Gifts .
(

I agree Waffler, if you have a good Mother and Father you should show your appreciation on a regular basis rather than just one day a year.
:)

Theravad - 21-6-2009 at 08:42

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
(

I agree Waffler, if you have a good Mother and Father you should show your appreciation on a regular basis rather than just one day a year.
:)

+1

Springer - 21-6-2009 at 08:44

it is nice for them to have their extra special day too though.

the bear - 21-6-2009 at 10:56

Quote:
Originally posted by Springer
it is nice for them to have their extra special day too though.

Sadly my father is no loner with me but he is missed every day, I didnt need a special day to honour him he was my best mate.
Cards and gifts were not his thing, sharing a glass of home brew sitting in his big green house was special but we did that quite often.

I will get a special fathers day gift, my eldest son flies in from America in the early hours, I haven't seen him for a long time.

I'll get the usual card ( hand made) from my grand-daughter though.

Everybody have a nice day what ever.

Regards the Bear

Snowy - 21-6-2009 at 11:58

That is the best Fathers day celebration you could wish for Bear, I am so pleased for you and Mrs. Bear......Enjoy yourselves !
waveysmileywaveysmiley

LSemmens - 21-6-2009 at 14:33

As my own sons grew, I learnt what I missed out on as I grew. My father died when I was 3.