Karl`s PC Help Forums

A rainy day game
marymary100 - 5-6-2009 at 16:29

What game would you prefer to play to while away a rainy afternoon?:huh)

waffler - 5-6-2009 at 21:55

My wife loves to play online scrabble

the bear - 6-6-2009 at 00:24

I like Srabble very much, I also like to play Chess. If its a party atmosphere we sometimes play Articulate.

Regards the Bear

waffler - 6-6-2009 at 01:46

http://www.isc.ro
online scrabble:)

LSemmens - 6-6-2009 at 11:57

Too many inside jobs to do to have time to "waste". I have been known to waste hours on freecell, Mahjongg, Sudoku and Karlsforums.

waffler - 8-6-2009 at 02:56

Charades is a good party game

scholar - 9-6-2009 at 18:00

I loved a game "Apples and Oranges."

I also like "Win, Lose, or Draw," which is a game something like Charades, except the clues are sketched instead of being acted out.

waffler - 10-6-2009 at 02:18

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I loved a game "Apples and Oranges."

I also like "Win, Lose, or Draw," which is a game something like Charades, except the clues are sketched instead of being acted out.

I can't act or draw , porobably why no one ever guesses my clues :)

scholar - 10-6-2009 at 02:38

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
I can't act or draw , porobably why no one ever guesses my clues :)
And then there's that spelling problem. . .:P:P:P

waffler - 10-6-2009 at 02:47

I can spel on a good ay just cant trype roffle

scholar - 10-6-2009 at 02:50

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
I can spel on a good ay just cant trype roffle
You've proven your point.:):P

scholar - 10-6-2009 at 02:51

This is where Giron used to jump in and accuse the poster of drinking. :)

waffler - 10-6-2009 at 02:51

:D

the bear - 10-6-2009 at 03:33

Even so I can still spell vrisky, onest hick

Regards the Bear

waffler - 10-6-2009 at 03:35

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Even so I can still spell vrisky, onest hick

Regards the Bear

Rather be drinkin vrisky cheers:

LSemmens - 11-6-2009 at 13:59

Where's mine???????? beer2)

Snowy - 12-6-2009 at 17:04

The only game I have ever played is Chess, my father taught me when I was young and we had many games together. I often thought that sometimes he would let me win so that I kept an interest. Since his death I have not played but imagine my joy when I found my laptop came with Chess installed on it, I can now play against the computer which I find very fascinating, it really is amazing and just great for a rainy day.....and we get plenty of those !
waveysmiley

LSemmens - 13-6-2009 at 12:34

Back in the early days of computing, well before windoze, I had a chess program that used to cheat! If it looked like I was going to put the king in check, it would suddenly make a move as though it were a knight. I never could beat it.

I now have a program that came with Linux (alternative to Windoze) that I have had some good games with, surprisingly, I managed to beat it once. I'm guessing that there is a method to make it more difficult when I can beat it regularly.

Nimuae - 13-6-2009 at 12:44

I wish the poll was multiple choice. If I am on my own - I quite often play Scrabble or Patience. If I am in a group, then we usually end playing Trivial Pursuit.

waffler - 14-6-2009 at 21:05

Quote:

imagine my joy when I found my laptop came with Chess installed on it, I can now play against the computer which I find very fascinating, it really is amazing and just great for a rainy day.....and we get plenty of those !
waveysmiley

Wi8sh we did , although we did have a good downpour for a few minutes this afternoon just as we were leaving work , and the windscreen demister decided not to work , so it was like driving in fog . :D

Springer - 16-6-2009 at 07:48

I voted Trivial Pursuit out of those. :)

Though i spend more time playing arcade games!