Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Forum cliques
TooCute4Words
Look..its me again

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Just plain busy!!!

[*] Post 351806 posted on 3-10-2008 at 17:23 Reply With Quote
Forum cliques

We all form friends in the real world and when a friend is in trouble, you shall be there to offer your help, just like any decent human being should do - unless you have something more important on, like a soap opera :o

On the web, it is the same. Especially on forums. That must also include Myspace, Facebook, Bebo, MSN convo's, etc..

Plenty of us make friends which probably 98% of us shall never meet in person. (that percentage is probably exaggerated btw). It's probably much less.

But I shall concentrate this thread to 'Forums', since we are all on one 'KF'.

If you join a forum, you shall naturally become more friendly towards some members rather than other ones. Perhaps it's because you have more in common, or you just relate to each other better. Sometimes it's because you respect what they say in posts or you receive a nice u2u and begin communication levels which work very well. As time goes by, you shall find yourself forming a little group (without realising). Two or more members shall form into a forum clique. One shall support the other and other's join in within that clique in a convo, this does get noticed and forms a pattern over time.

There is nothing wrong with it if it is friendly,

But what if it's not friendly?

What if a group of four - "for example", get together and choose to target an individual or individuals, it can get pretty nasty :o
Badgergirl
The great striped one

Theme: Halloween 2005

Mood: In love.

[*] Post 351807 posted on 3-10-2008 at 17:26 Reply With Quote

Can't say it's ever happened to me TC.

I guess I always try and keep the peace. :)

As in real life, if I find people are being unpleasant in a "Clique" I just remember I'm not in the playground, and I don't have to speak to them.
Avoidance is the best tactic.
TooCute4Words
Look..its me again

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Just plain busy!!!

[*] Post 351812 posted on 3-10-2008 at 18:00 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Badgergirl
Can't say it's ever happened to me TC.

I guess I always try and keep the peace. :)

As in real life, if I find people are being unpleasant in a "Clique" I just remember I'm not in the playground, and I don't have to speak to them.
Avoidance is the best tactic.

I am painting every forum on the web with the same brush really, some situations on certain forums: ie: Avril forum, are abbominable :( Forum cliques on overdrive... I just popped on for the first time in 5 months and my private message folder said it all really - I left quickly, I've had enough of those ***** who I hate :(

An argument in a particular thread has the same group joining hands arguing against one or two others and the pattern is sooooooooooo obvious.

I have even seen members gloating about how they get together on MSN and Yahoo and make their little plans to attack certain members on a particular subject matter - or worse :o and many are older than kids - I'll tell you ;)

It's just something which does occur, thats all.

I see it everywhere I frequent, which ain't many btw. It's just so obvious and those who like to form cliques make it so obvious how they do it.

I could talk about this all day and night :D

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many stories from my Avril forum dayz - long gone now thankfully lips_sealed

But this does happen on every forum, but trying to communicate with your enemy is a waste of time. They are probably going to run out in the playground and tell their little friends all about it and then wind or bully somebody...

it's pathetic...

Then members turn against each other.

Lucky there are moderators/admins eh' or war would really break out in the forum world :o
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.