Karl`s PC Help Forums

Whats your real favourite Doom metal band? + (POLL)
TooCute4Words - 20-4-2008 at 18:53

Don't forget to subit your vote.

I've done a POLL on this thread Okay :):)

if you wonder what I'm on about, looky [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doom_metal_bands]Here[/url]

TooCute4Words - 20-4-2008 at 18:59

I can't get that link to work above, any ideas?? :(:(:(

Daz - 21-4-2008 at 02:45

Where's the option for "None"?

Never seen any KF member show an interest in this genre of music before either TBH, so why the poll exactly...? (And just how much time did that take?)

Here

Linky thing works for me...

TooCute4Words - 21-4-2008 at 12:44

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
Where's the option for "None"?

Never seen any KF member show an interest in this genre of music before either TBH, so why the poll exactly...? (And just how much time did that take?)

Here

Linky thing works for me...

I thought if a member wasn't interested in the subject of doom metal, then they wouldn't need to post in the thread, so there is no need for the "none" option.

I am also not psychic, so I am not a aware of everyones tastes in music. I myself like plenty of types of music. Spice Girls, right the way to Guns'n'Roses, right the way to Nine Inch Nails, right the way to Patsy Cline and so on and so on. So perhaps someone else may feel that way

It did take a while to orchestrate that Poll - it also takes time to make a big post to.

That link you gave is not the same link as I wanted to post.

It's this one,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doom_metal_hands

But Daz, I have changed the letter b to an h and now it says hands instead of bands

If you change it back, it comes up with the (band) smiley and the link doesn't work!!

hawklord - 21-4-2008 at 12:49

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doom_metal_bands]trythis[/url]

just testing

hmmmm - very odd

LSemmens - 21-4-2008 at 12:53

You have two ways to get your link to work, QT, actually three!
1 - turn BB code off and disable smilies before you post
2 - get someone who knows what they are doing to do it for you or
3 - Use the URL link in the "New Topic" window.

I know what I'd do! butkicky

LSemmens - 21-4-2008 at 12:58

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doom_metal_bands

TooCute4Words - 21-4-2008 at 12:59

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
You have two ways to get your link to work, QT, actually three!
1 - turn BB code off before you post
2 - get someone who knows what they are doing to do it for you or
3 - Use the URL link in the "New Topic" window.

I know what I'd do! butkicky

I tried making a post and turning BB code to 'off' but I got that (metal bands) smiley again :( metal_bands

LSemmens - 21-4-2008 at 13:00

Re read my destructions.

LSemmens - 21-4-2008 at 13:01

Way number 3

TooCute4Words - 21-4-2008 at 13:01

Quote:
Originally posted by hawklord
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doom_metal_bands]trythis[/url]

just testing

hmmmm - very odd

I know, if I want a band - I'll ask for one that plays decent music.;) This one is silent shocked_yellow

LSemmens - 21-4-2008 at 13:03

Of course way number two is secret, that's why you must ask someone, and then we'd have to kill you! kewl_glasses

TooCute4Words - 21-4-2008 at 13:10

Quote:
Of course way number two is secret, that's why you must ask someone, and then we'd have to kill you! kewl_glasses

HaHa :o

I tried turning BB code to off, but I still kept my signature box checked and then opened the new topic window and didn't work still, but it worked for you - I don't understand that???

TooCute4Words - 21-4-2008 at 13:11

[quote][i]Originally posted by LSemmens[/i]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doom_metal_bands ]Way number 3[/url] [/quote]

test

see??

LSemmens - 21-4-2008 at 13:43

Disable Smilies!

TooCute4Words - 21-4-2008 at 13:49

Quote:
Disable Smilies!

try this

Thats better :D

Badgergirl - 21-4-2008 at 21:45

I've heard 1 song by "My dying bride".

It made me want to hang myself.

The rest, I don't recognise.

TooCute4Words - 21-4-2008 at 21:54

Quote:
Originally posted by Badgergirl

The rest, I don't recognise.

Celtic Frost - into the pandemonium

We have that lp and it's pretty good actually!!

I believe Type O Negative are pretty popular, but for the rest of the list, if we all heard the music - we'd probably all get into some of it!!

It's loud!!!!

I thought 'Obituary' would be there?

I mean, who can't like this one

Redwolf5150 - 23-4-2008 at 02:50

[bad img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/redwolf5150/11.gif[/bad img]

The fact that I voted in the poll (the only member so far, it seems) doesn't negate the fact that this thread has leaped to the forefront of the race, the winner will be "crowned" on Thursday morning my time.

PLEASE do not take the above as encouragement to try to SURPASS the brilliance in waste you have created here.

:D

Redwolf5150 - 24-4-2008 at 04:50

[bad img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/redwolf5150/Award1.gif[/bad img]
Week Ending April 23, 2008

For the sheer waste of your own time, besides the bandwidth, of having to either type all those band names in (or, more likely, lift them from some other forum) and then wonder why nobody in this group is voting in your poll (besides myself, I might add) makes this the winner of the inaugural award.

Try NOT to keep up the "good work!"

band_1

scholar - 24-4-2008 at 15:55

Quote:
Originally posted by Badgergirl

Don't do it, Badgergirl! Listen to something else. Get an embrace from J. Life is good.

scholar - 24-4-2008 at 16:07

Redwolf, this thread has included an account of how to successfully post a link, some of which coincides to part of the smilie list. As such, it is instructive.

TooCute, you made some effort in an area where many at KF don't have much knowledge. A poll may not be the most effective way to introduce us to these bands.

All one can do is try.waveysmiley

Your topics may help us attract others of similar interests. The more people we have, with various knowledge and interests, the stronger we become.

Redwolf5150 - 24-4-2008 at 16:51

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Redwolf, this thread has included an account of how to successfully post a link, some of which coincides to part of the smilie list. As such, it is instructive.

The decision of the judge is FINAL

nananana

Just because you finished second AND third -- and stand to benefit if the winner is eliminated -- is no reason to besmirch the criteria used to arrive at said winner.

nananana

nananana

nananana

Besides, the slate is clean so far for NEXT week! Can't get the monkey to put down his crack pipe today to do his job.

Maybe you'll win the honor next week.

Maybe 2cute4Words will be a repeat winner.

Or maybe I'll win it.

You never know.

roffle

TooCute4Words - 24-4-2008 at 19:26

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar

TooCute, you made some effort in an area where many at KF don't have much knowledge. A poll may not be the most effective way to introduce us to these bands.

Do you want to know the honest real reason why I started this thread scholar?

I thought it may appeal to Badgergirl and Redwolf - because Badgergirl mentioned Iron Maiden in a past thread 'to me' and seemed interested in metal. Plus Redwolf mentioned Guns'n'Roses in a past thread 'to me' and seemed surprised that I also liked them - so I thought I'd see if either or someone else on here would know any of the (Darker side of metal) "Doom metal bands". Plus I like to add a bit of variety and (Shock factor)

Glad to win an award though - even though I know Redwolf has a (particular) intention for giving it to me. I won't say it on here though, but I'm sure some can work it out ;)

Also I took a sneeky peek at Redwolf's website and saw pictures of Alice Cooper - now he has a reputation for being VERY different and original.

I guess these 'Doom metal bands', offer something similar to a person with a required taste in music,

A bit like us Avril Lavigne fans :D

Redwolf5150 - 24-4-2008 at 19:52

Alice Cooper and G-n-R are not classified as "Doom Metal Bands" and aren't even on your poll.

As for wanting to give you the award specifically, that isn't true. Scholar actually had the first award won until you started this thread.

Redwolf5150 - 24-4-2008 at 19:56

And if you want to see bands on my commercial site that more closely fit your criteria, you need to look at the images from Shot 4 Obscenity, All Fear Aside and Less of 12 from the "Metal for Mutts" show.

kewl_glasses

TooCute4Words - 24-4-2008 at 20:09

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150
Alice Cooper and G-n-R are not classified as "Doom Metal Bands" and aren't even on your poll.

Re-read my post Redwolf kewl_glasses

Quote:
As for wanting to give you the award specifically, that isn't true. Scholar actually had the first award won until you started this thread.

I see.

and what did Scholar start which grabbed that much attention to you? to make it a close - second confused2

Don't say a 'Global Warming' thread waggyfinger

Redwolf5150 - 24-4-2008 at 20:31

Quote:
Originally posted by TooCute4Words

and what did Scholar start which grabbed that much attention to you? to make it a close - second confused2

Don't say a 'Global Warming' thread waggyfinger

To quote Dot:

*cough*

roffle