Karl`s PC Help Forums

My Beloved Husband.
runrig - 28-1-2008 at 09:43

My beloved Husband known to you as Runrig passed away peacefully on Saturday. I promised him that I would let you all know when his time came as he had many friends on Karls forums.
He will be sadly missed by his Family and myself. He was a good man who suffered a lot of trauma for the biggest part of his life but was indeed happy that when his time came he was in the land of his birth which meant so much to him.
I am busy sorting out the arrangements at the moment, I will endeavour to come back later to share his departing with you.
Thanks to all of you for being so close to my Husband and a special thanks to Dot who I know he had kind feelings towards.
The knowledge that he is at peace and out of pain is some consolation.
Annie.

janet - 28-1-2008 at 09:47

Annie - all our thoughts and prayers.

I'm going to send a private message - U2U - with my details, if there's anything we can do.

Faolan - 28-1-2008 at 09:57

You have my thoughts and condolences Annie, he will be sorely missed.

Daz - 28-1-2008 at 10:04

My thoughts are with you Mrs R, he was a good man to have on these forums, and will be greatly missed by us all.

LSemmens - 28-1-2008 at 10:30

I, too, am saddened to hear your news, Annie, thank you for thinking of us at this stressful time. Runny is at peace now, and we will all miss him greatly. Know that he was loved and respected on this forum, and I'm certain, wherever he went!

Swish Checkley - 28-1-2008 at 10:57

Hi Annie, thanks so much for posting the news. I am glad he isn't suffering any more. He will be much missed here :(
Many thoughts and best wishes to you at this difficult time.

Quaver - 28-1-2008 at 10:58

Thank you for letting us know.

marymary100 - 28-1-2008 at 12:28

(((((Annie))))), he'll be missed here but my thoughts are with you and yours.

Badgergirl - 28-1-2008 at 13:29

I've just come accross this post, I can't think of much to say, it's not a shock to me, but it still feels strange.:(

Runrig was a great mate on KF, and we always chatted here peacefully.

I think I'll go and listen to some Runrig now.

(((Annie)))

scholar - 28-1-2008 at 13:47

I loved him, too. I enjoyed his sense of humor, and he was a man of strong emotions, protective of those he loved and desiring justice against evil.

(((Mrs. Runrig)))

delanti - 28-1-2008 at 14:45

Thanks for letting us know that Runny is pain free and at peace. I enjoyed his part in making KF a great place to discuss things and am pleased that he was in his homeland at the end.

Peace and love

Redwolf5150 - 28-1-2008 at 15:16

It tis another sad day for KF.

My heart goes out to you, Annie.

:(

victor - 28-1-2008 at 15:39

I can only agree with the sentiments of the others he will be sadly missed.

marymary100 - 28-1-2008 at 16:04

I've put this to the top of "discussion" for a few days so that all members are more likely to read it.

Theravad - 28-1-2008 at 17:45

((Annie and family))

A sad day indeed

Dreamweaver - 28-1-2008 at 21:42

Dear Annie, Thank you for taking the time to post today :(.

It was a privilege to know Runny, he will be very much missed here, not least of all but personally by me.
He was a pillar of strength in my hour of need.
If I could hug you right now I would ((((((Annie)))))

I sincerely hope Runny has found his peace.

Dreamweaver AKA Dot x

BobbyKatLittleCub - 28-1-2008 at 23:51

[bad img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3845/cry5ol.gif[/bad img] Oh Annie, my thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for letting us know.

DeWitch - 29-1-2008 at 03:19

I am so happy that Runrig had a peacefull passing
Love & Hugs to you dear lady
DeWitch

the bear - 29-1-2008 at 03:35

Mrs R, "Annie"

I was saddend when I read your post today, I don't have the words to express how I feel.
I can't imagine how you must be feeling, take comfort if you can in the fact that Runrig had the respect of so many on Karls forum.
We are missing a good friend.

Annie bless you.

Runrig was heartened in the knowledge that he was retuning to the Isle of his birth. With that in mind I thought this final tribute was fitting.
I hope you approve.

Chi Mi Na Morbheanna

O, roe, soon shall I see them
O, he-roe, see them, oh see them
O, roe, soon shall I see them
The mist covered mountains of home

There shall I visit the place of my birth
They'll give me a welcome the warmest on earth
So loving and kind, so full of music and mirth
The sweet sounding language of home

There shall I gaze on the mountains again
On the fields and the hills and the birds in the glen
With people of courage beyond human ken!
In the haunts of the deer I will roam

Hark to the mountains with summits of blue
To the glens with thier meadows of sunshine and dew
To the women and men so constant and true
Ever ready to welcome one home.

Good bye Runrig. s_cots

Annie my fondest regards, the Bear

shywitch - 29-1-2008 at 19:40

Words are not enough. Our thoughts are with you (((((((((Annie))))))))).

runrig - 30-1-2008 at 08:31

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts,they have been most welcome at this most awful time. I am still in shock and cannot get used to an empty house,I am missing the big man so much.
The service is tomorrow at the Free Church in Inverness and his final journey will be on Friday when the ferry will take him to his resting place at Clachan Cemetery on the Isle of North Uist. This is where he longed to be, it overlooks the Atlantic and is near to the croft on which he was born.
My work does not give me time to spend on the net so this will be my last posting on Karls Forums, thanks to you all for giving "Runny" so much enjoyment over the years.
He will be in my heart forever.

Annie.