Karl`s PC Help Forums

Runrig's Reply
runrig - 18-1-2008 at 09:16

Well.........!!!
I didnt realise that I would be missed that much,thank you guys:D
The reason I have not been posting is because in November I was diagnosed with lung cancer.......my dreaded 40 a day habit has finally caught up with me.
It has knocked me for six and I am very frightened,I had a spell in hospital but my time is near and they have sent me home to pass away in peace. It has been hectic getting things in order for Mrs R and making sure she will be ok.
My biggest worry was my dogs as Mrs R will not be able to look after them because of her working away so much.
Luckily, last night I have found someone who will have them so this weekend will be my last with my beloved dogs. It is heart breaking.
I am now being told that I probably have two weeks at most, the pain is unbearable,my doctor visits everyday to do what he can and I am drugged up to the nines. I can just about get out of bed to use the PC when Mrs.R is out which I have been doing most days but I cant manage it much longer so this maybe my last post.
I hope you can understand my reason for not posting and I am sorry for not letting you know sooner.
I am sorry if I am rambling,good luck to you all......I am having to get back into bed now as I am hurting so much....be good to each other.....waveysmiley

janet - 18-1-2008 at 09:23

Runrig.... there aren't words.

My thoughts are with you and so very much with Mrs. R.

I'll send a U2U with my details... if there is anything we can do...

Dreamweaver - 18-1-2008 at 09:23

Oh Runny :( What can I say.
I hope you are painfree and at least part way comfortable.
If you (or Mrs R) need someone to rant at, you know where I am.

I am splitting this thread.

Faolan - 18-1-2008 at 09:41

There is times in life that words fail me, this is one of those times.

Swish Checkley - 18-1-2008 at 10:02

(((Runrig and Mrs Runrig))) So sorry to hear your news. Thank you for posting this, it must be a very difficult thing to have to say. I hope your dogs are going to a home where they will be loved as much as you loved them, I know how difficult saying goodbye to them will be for you.

marymary100 - 18-1-2008 at 10:16

Runny, this is dreadful news. I hope you'll enjoy the time you have left with Mrs Runny with not too much distress at the loss of your dogs.

victor - 18-1-2008 at 10:26

I feel gutted at this sad news Runrig, I have enjoyed your company on KF, and wish it could have gone on for longer.

Daz - 18-1-2008 at 11:25

I don't know what to say Runny... :(

But I echo what Victor said above....

Thoughts are with you, and Mrs R...

Katzy - 18-1-2008 at 13:31

I'm totally banjaxed.

Runny... Peace, love and light.

shywitch - 18-1-2008 at 13:50

(((Runrig & family)))

Words just aren't enough. Our thoughts are with you.

LSemmens - 18-1-2008 at 14:02

I am deeply saddened to hear of your shocking news, Runrig.

I was hoping that 2008 would be a year of happiness. You will miss your old friends when they go to their new homes. I trust that they are as well loved and looked after as you would expect. Would it be possible, if their new master and Mrs R is willing, to keep one with you until you can no longer give them the warmth of your friendship. I hope and pray that your final days will be as comfortable and peaceful as possible. Pass on our love and concern to Mrs R, too, please.

John Barnes - 18-1-2008 at 15:56

Hi my old Gaelic antagonist, so sorry to hear about your illness. it has been a bit quiet since your self and then Charles plus myself slowed down on the input, there is not darn thing I can do or say to alleviate your illness runrig.
but you know you have friends plus myself who are concerned over you, whilst not a religious man in my self I will say a prayer for you and you are in my thoughts, from your Anglican adversary. John of Sowerby jmb

scholar - 18-1-2008 at 16:47

O Runrig, dear friend, you are loved and you will be missed. I started the thread about missing you only to say good things about you and how I missed you (not to force or pressure you to post, as some took it). Thank you for responding.

Thank you for letting us know what is happening. My heart goes out to you.

(((Runrig)))

Redwolf5150 - 18-1-2008 at 18:25

(((((runrig)))))

Don't take the Doctor's pronouncement as a signal to not go down swinging.

Take a cue from the characters in the new Jack Nicholson/Morgan Freeman movie and make a "Bucket List."

Surely there are some things you would want to do in the short time you have left that you are still capable of accomplishing.

You're a Scot, by God!

Give them something to talk admirably about at your wake.

And I will miss you if and when you shuffle off this mortal coil.

:(

Katzy - 18-1-2008 at 21:41

Runny...

I told them over at a certain other forum, which I'm not allowed to mention, here, sadly. It's kinda modelled on a pub, though.

To a person (Trolls included), they offered support and good wishes. Not much else they can do, I guess, unless any of them can work miracles.

I hope that's of some, small comfort, at this time.

Dreamweaver - 18-1-2008 at 21:59

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
Runny...

I told them over at a certain other forum, which I'm not allowed to mention, here, sadly. It's kinda modelled on a pub, though.

To a person (Trolls included), they offered support and good wishes. Not much else they can do, I guess, unless any of them can work miracles.

I hope that's of some, small comfort, at this time.

I have no problem mentioning other forums Katzy. as proven in other posts?

Katzy - 18-1-2008 at 22:15

Really? I got slapped, a while back, for mentioning my own...

No matter.

Thanks, Dot. I appreciate that, quite a lot. :D

The thread's here, Runny.

http://our-local.co.uk/index.php?topic=17432.0

giron - 18-1-2008 at 22:19

Shocking news, worse still that it seems to be happening so quickly.

If you read this, runny, my thoughts are with you, not that it's going to make much difference to the situation.

the bear - 19-1-2008 at 00:54

I can only say that Runrig must be so brave even on the darkest of nights he has take time to say farewell to his KF friends, thank you Runny.

For me the time has come to say good bye, I will worry you with words no more. Scotland is giving up one of her braves, go peacefully my friend.

You will be remembered.

Loving regards the Bear.

DeWitch - 19-1-2008 at 01:23

Victor said it all:{
the same feeling here as when I read about Karl.
My thoughts are with you in hopes of your being as comfortable as possible. Also for the Mrs. as she will surely have a difficult time dealing with losing you.
I am sorry your pups have to leave you so soon and my thoughts are with them to adjust easily to a new and loving home.
Love & caring,
DeWitch

charles - 19-1-2008 at 09:59

What a hell of a shock,nothing much said will help,only that
these forums will be a poorer place without the input,
What a brave man to say way back that I shall not be posting for a while I have something to do.
Thinking and praying for you.

Badgergirl - 19-1-2008 at 17:29

Crikey Runrig, words fail me.

I can only say that I offer my support for you and your family, and I shall miss you here with your posts and your splendid taste in Music.

(((Runrig)))

delanti - 19-1-2008 at 19:38

I have missed your temporary absence but will miss your permanent absence even more. Sympathies to you and Mrs. R.

sceptre - 19-1-2008 at 21:53

Oh runny.. What can I say .. hope you can enjoy this

runrig "The Ship"

Quaver - 19-1-2008 at 22:03

I shall remember you always:(

Dreamweaver - 19-1-2008 at 23:26

I have removed a couple of posts......let's keep it civil for Runny, K?

Katzy - 19-1-2008 at 23:28

Thanks.

Quick work, too! :D

LSemmens - 20-1-2008 at 10:55

I did mention elsewhere, but, if there is someone near runrig, can they please keep us posted on his progress.

Theravad - 20-1-2008 at 19:17

((Runrig and family))

Word fail me, you are in my thoughts.

T

runrig - 21-1-2008 at 09:33

Thank you all for your kind replies and so many u2u's. The doctor has just left and left me full of morphine. I am so tired,weak and in pain.The dogs went off on Saturday,they both turned round to look at me as they left and I cried my eyes out.
I have asked Mrs R. to let you know when my time comes,we have managed to get a plot on my birth island that overlooks the Atlantic close to where I was born.......must get back in bed now,I am so weak......thanks so very much to you all,I do not have the energy to reply to all the lovely u2u's but thnks anyway,it is appreciated.
Take care all of you,it wont be long before I meet up with past friends and family.....I am really scared,I wish the doctor would put an end to the suffering.
Runny
XX

marymary100 - 21-1-2008 at 09:47

God speed ((((Runny)))).

charles - 21-1-2008 at 09:55

Runny,you must be the bravest man I have ever heard of,
my wife has just read your post and broke down crying,
I must say you are an insperation to us all and a credit to your family.
Please go forward to your afterlife when who knows,we may all meet up one day, god be with you

Dreamweaver - 21-1-2008 at 10:08

Words fail me. ((((Runny and Mrs R))))

Queen of Ra - 21-1-2008 at 10:47

I have only just seen this thread and I can't even think of what to say. (((Runrig))).

QOR

janet - 21-1-2008 at 10:57

Runrig - you know you are in our thoughts and prayers - as is Mrs R.

the bear - 21-1-2008 at 12:25

the Monroe's will echo to a Highlander's Lament when they take you home.

Farewell my friend.

Best regards, the Bear

scholar - 21-1-2008 at 12:38

((((Runrig))))

victor - 21-1-2008 at 14:11

God Be with you Runny.

LSemmens - 21-1-2008 at 14:59

I've started a "Runrig's good things" thread, where we can remind Runny of all the good times we've had, before he leaves us. Too often we leave it until too late to say "thank you, you helped me"

http://www.karlsforums.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=34020&page=1#pid317337

BobbyKatLittleCub - 22-1-2008 at 06:19

(((((Runrig)))))

I'm so saddened by this news, I haven't the words to express myself as I'd like.

You & Mrs R, and all your precious dogs are in my thoughts and prayers. I know we will all miss you terribly. May God comfort you and yours through your journey.

scholar - 24-1-2008 at 06:01

O Runrig, my friend, this post is one of my lesser ones, posted for the sake of bumping this up to the top of the "today's post" list, so that any of our friends who only drop by now and then will see it more quickly.

If I could be with you now, I would do so gladly.

waveysmileywaveysmiley