Karl`s PC Help Forums

pouts
DeWitch - 5-12-2007 at 21:20

Why won't my animated avatar work?
It is small - in pixels too and I see a lot that others are using and they work:{
This should be on my Whine a Day post wherever it is.
WHIIIINE

marymary100 - 5-12-2007 at 21:37

I don't know. Do you have a link to it and perhaps someone can help Dewitch?

DeWitch - 5-12-2007 at 22:02

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

the link to where it is uploaded is here

"./images/uploads/1292.1196889380.gif"

and I see that it put a period in the number it gave it before the period that is at the end naming it gif - I figure that is why it isn't working but I have no way to change it. I did not name it a number with a period in it as I know that that messes up the extensions of images

marymary100 - 5-12-2007 at 22:18

I can't get your link to work.

marymary100 - 5-12-2007 at 22:22

Mine isn't working either. It should look like this:

The dimensions are too big. Yours must be too?

DeWitch - 5-12-2007 at 22:23

Quote:
I can't get your link to work.

that is the link here that it gave it when it uploaded so I do not know the whole ilink - the gif works fine for me when I use it in emails. etc.

DeWitch - 5-12-2007 at 22:24

Quote:

BUMMER:{
that is cute

Wilbur - 5-12-2007 at 22:27

When I saw the title of 'pouts' I thought it was going to be about that matchstick 'Posh Spice'...........thank goodness it isn't :D

Dreamweaver - 5-12-2007 at 22:40

Quote:
quote]Originally posted by marymary100

There you go Mary

[bad img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karl.davis2/save/skatea.1gif.gif[/bad img]

Dreamweaver - 5-12-2007 at 22:48

Quote:
Originally posted by DeWitch
Quote:

and I see that it put a period in the number it gave it before the period that is at the end naming it gif - I figure that is why it isn't working but I have no way to change it. I did not name it a number with a period in it as I know that that messes up the extensions of images

It could be you are trying to use their bandwidth DW. Try "save as" put on your desktop and post it here?

Or alternately U2U me the site address?

Dreamweaver - 5-12-2007 at 23:06

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur
When I saw the title of 'pouts' I thought it was going to be about that matchstick 'Posh Spice'...........thank goodness it isn't :D

We don't do "posh" here lol :o

marymary100 - 5-12-2007 at 23:07

Two thumbs up! Thanks. :D

Dreamweaver - 5-12-2007 at 23:08

Quote:
Two thumbs up! Thanks. :D

Always willing to help (if I can) lol flowers_kf

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 00:23

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur

ha ha I don't even know "who/what" that is:)

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 00:26

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver
Quote:
Quote:

It could be you are trying to use their bandwidth DW. Try "save as" put on your desktop and post it here?

Or alternately U2U me the site address?

um.... I uploaded it here as a avatar? - that is how I do all of my avatars here
am I doing them wrong?

Dreamweaver - 6-12-2007 at 00:38

Are you uploading from your PC, E.G your Desktop?
It may be it was saved in wrong format or something, All I can say if you find where you got it from, we can can take it from there.
I know if I upload to my webspace it can be much bigger and the forums can take it, because it isn't "eating" into forum bandwidth.
Thats my thought anyhoo lol :)

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 00:39

well I gave up trying to upload it here and having it work.
So I uploaded it to my website instead and now it is working - I think?
But it is so small you cannot read what took me a good long time to add to the animation so here is the one I am using as a siggy in all my emails just so you can see what it says:)
in my email siggy it is also hyperlinked to my website

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 00:47

Quote:
Are you uploading from your PC, E.G your Desktop?
It may be it was saved in wrong format or something, All I can say if you find where you got it from, we can can take it from there.
I know if I upload to my webspace it can be much bigger and the forums can take it, because it isn't "eating" into forum bandwidth.
Thats my thought anyhoo lol :)

I made it to use as a signature in my OE emails so it was working and yes I uploaded it from my tag folder on my PC but it would not work here - so I uploaded it to my website and then put the link from there in here for the avatar link.
Thanks for trying to help:)

Dreamweaver - 6-12-2007 at 00:48

Quote:
But it is so small you cannot read what took me a good long time to add to the animation so here is the one I am using as a siggy in all my emails just so you can see what it says:)

True but you can get gist of what it means, as for linking to your websites,I am not sure forum avatars are meant for this service :(

My god!! I am beginning to sound like a forum administrator !!!!lol

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 01:03

Quote:
Quote:

True but you can get gist of what it means, as for linking to your websites,I am not sure forum avatars are meant for this service :(

no! I have not linked it here - would never be able to figure out how if I even wanted to ha ha.
But when you use an image as a signature in an email - you can link it to whatever you want and mine is linked to my website since lots of my groups visit the websites I have becauue of the Critterz groups I am in and DeKidz have their own group too.

Dreamweaver - 6-12-2007 at 01:14

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no! I have not linked it here - would never be able to figure out how if I even wanted to ha ha.
But when you use an image as a signature in an email - you can link it to whatever you want and mine is linked to my website since lots of my groups visit the websites I have becauue of the Critterz groups I am in and DeKidz have their own group too.

I didn't think you linked it DW, I was saying I can see what the Avatar was telling me :(
Is it linked to your website avatar? Because with each bit of space within a forum E.G Avatars, siggies post space etc, there is an alloted amout of space, dependant on the size of the board (I think).

No doubt someone will come on tomorrow and berate all I say here lol. But it sounds good dosn't it lol :P:P

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 01:32

Quote:
I didn't think you linked it DW, I was saying I can see what the Avatar was telling me :(
Is it linked to your website avatar? Because with each bit of space within a forum E.G Avatars, siggies post space etc, there is an alloted amout of space, dependant on the size of the board (I think).

No doubt someone will come on tomorrow and berate all I say here lol. But it sounds good dosn't it lol :P:P

ha ha I am starting to feel like "Who's on first" here.
I don't use avatars on my website but I uploaded the image to a folder of images I keep there to post on the net.
My website has lots of bandwidth so there should be no problem.

scholar - 6-12-2007 at 03:26

For DeWitch--Posh Spice is the stage name for one of the Spice Girls, a female British pop music group from a few years back. I've heard something about a reunion.

They sold a good number of records and made a Spice Girls movie.

Posh Spice is Victoria Beckham, wife of David Beckham, the football superstar (we Americans would say soccer).

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 03:38

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
For DeWitch--Posh Spice is the stage name for one of the Spice Girls, a female British pop music group from a few years back. I've heard something about a reunion.

They sold a good number of records and made a Spice Girls movie.

Posh Spice is Victoria Beckham, wife of David Beckham, the football superstar (we Americans would say soccer).

Thanks Scholar - I figured it must be something to do with that group
was never interested in them though

scholar - 6-12-2007 at 04:09

I've found your Whine-a-Day thread for you. As long as people whine often enough, it should stay near enough the top to locate.:o:o:o

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 09:07

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I've found your Whine-a-Day thread for you. As long as people whine often enough, it should stay near enough the top to locate.:o:o:o

you de best Bud!