Karl`s PC Help Forums

A San Francisco Story
Redwolf5150 - 3-12-2007 at 21:38

While walking through Golden Gate Park in San Francisco , a man came upon another man hugging a tree with his ear firmly against the tree.

Seeing this he inquired, "Just out of curiosity, what the heck are you doing?"

"I'm listening to the music of the tree," the other man replied.

"You've gotta be kiddin' me."

"No, would you like to give it a try?"

Understandably curious, the man says, "Well, OK..." So he wrapped his arms around the tree and pressed his ear up against it. With this, the other guy slapped a pair of handcuffs on him, took his wallet, jewelry, car keys, and then stripped him naked and left.

Two hours later another nature lover strolled by, saw this guy handcuffed to the tree stark naked, and asked, "What the heck happened to you?"

He told the guy the whole terrible story about how he got there.

When he finished telling his story, the other guy shook his head in sympathy, walked around behind him, kissed him gently behind the ear and said: "This just ain't gonna be your day, cupcake."

roffle

Dreamweaver - 3-12-2007 at 22:04

roffle roffle roffle subtle but good Red:)

scholar - 4-12-2007 at 00:04

If the next part of the story is homosexual rape, after which the victim would have the fear of AIDS for many months, in addition to the trauma--no, it's not funny.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has had a friend and/or relative die of AIDS.:(

victor - 4-12-2007 at 00:12

Lighten up Scholar that joke was around even before aids was invented.

janet - 4-12-2007 at 00:18

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
If the next part of the story is homosexual rape, after which the victim would have the fear of AIDS for many months, in addition to the trauma--no, it's not funny.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has had a friend and/or relative die of AIDS.:(

Well, that and I just found it in bad taste, generally.

But then I find a lot of the humour here like that now - which may be me more than the forum.

scholar - 4-12-2007 at 00:24

Quote:
Originally posted by victor
Lighten up Scholar that joke was around even before aids was invented.
When it was only about rape, without fear of AIDS, did that make it funny?

<sigh> I'm just expressing how I feel about it.

It's only been a few days since World AIDS Day. There was some good news, the rate of new infections has declined, compared to what it had been.

the bear - 4-12-2007 at 00:47

Quote:

Its a joke, :P:P:P

Regards the Bear

victor - 4-12-2007 at 00:49

A joke is a joke it finishes at the punchline, you either laugh or say humph you don't have to dissect it or spoil anybody else's enjoyment of it the world is a sad enough place as it is I have heard that joke used on the stage and nobody jumped up and castigated the comedian for it.
By the way you don't have to worry there is a bill before parliament at the moment that will ban all jokes about gays.

the bear - 4-12-2007 at 00:52

Quote:
A joke is a joke it finishes at the punchline, you either laugh or say humph you don't have to dissect it or spoil anybody else's enjoyment of it the world is a sad enough place as it is I have heard that joke used on the stage and nobody jumped up and castigated the comedian for it.
By the way you don't have to worry there is a bill before parliament at the moment that will ban all jokes about gays.

There's to much happiness in the world, its got to stop???

Regards the Bear

scholar - 4-12-2007 at 01:04

Victor, Bear, my intention was not to spoil anyone's enjoyment. It just struck me as distasteful.

the bear - 4-12-2007 at 01:14

Young nurse runs up to a doctor a quietly tells him that he has a suppositry behind his ear, ***** says the doctor, some bums got my pencil, ( please note the pencil was bio degradable and the incidence caused no exra burden on the over worked doctors and nursing staff, niether was extra funding reqired to prop up the hospital budget. Niether did the unknown recipient of the pencil suffer any side effects or medical complications) :P

Regards the Bear waveysmiley

victor - 4-12-2007 at 01:14

Lots of things in this world are distasteful and there are some posts that I disagree with but I know one thing sooner or later they scroll of the bottom of the page and get lost in the archives. its all water under the bridge.
Scholar say hello to Hypo.waveysmiley

scholar - 4-12-2007 at 01:23

Willco. :D

scholar - 4-12-2007 at 01:28

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Young nurse runs up to a doctor a quietly tells him that he has a suppositry behind his ear, ***** says the doctor, some bums got my pencil, ( please note the pencil was bio degradable and the incidence caused no exra burden on the over worked doctors and nursing staff, niether was extra funding reqired to prop up the hospital budget. Niether did the unknown recipient of the pencil suffer any side effects or medical complications) :P

This reminds me of a medicine label that Jay Leno displayed on his show, sent in by a viewer. The label on the bottle of tablets said, "Take orally in rectum three times a day"

delanti - 4-12-2007 at 03:50

I thank my Mother and my Father. They passed on to me something that makes life more tolerable. They showed me how to deal with life even though things are sometimes hard. (sorry, got to do it) Thank God for a sense of humor.nananana

scholar - 4-12-2007 at 04:16

Quote:
Originally posted by delanti
Thank God for a sense of humor.
----------Amen to that!
Mine runs more toward silliness, and sometimes puns.smokin:

I like Dr. Runrig's sense of humor. (He has 98.6 degrees, from Fahrenheit. ;)

victor - 4-12-2007 at 09:32

Lavatorial humour.

Man goes to doctor and says "doctor those suppositories you prescribed for me, for what good they did I might just as well have stuck them up my a***."

runrig - 4-12-2007 at 09:42

Quote:
Quote:
Thank God for a sense of humor.
----------Amen to that!

I like Dr. Runrig's sense of humor. (He has 98.6 degrees, from Fahrenheit. ;)

I am glad you find Dr.Runrigs sense of humour to your liking O'Scholar..............most people find it wierd, me included sometimes.
:P:P:P:Pwaveysmiley

janet - 4-12-2007 at 09:52

Quote:
I thank my Mother and my Father. They passed on to me something that makes life more tolerable. They showed me how to deal with life even though things are sometimes hard. (sorry, got to do it) Thank God for a sense of humor.nananana

Yes, because neither scholar nor I have a sense of humour, and neither of us can cope when the going gets hard.

Yup, that's me.

My life has been a complete bowl of flowers for the last year, otherwise I'd not be able to cope, right?

I found the joke distasteful. I didn't say it shouldn't have been posted, or complain or report it.

I'm not sure that equates to me having no sense of humour but the idea that only those who agree with this kind of joke can cope with hard times is a bit much.

But then, what would I know about things being hard, right?

Swish Checkley - 4-12-2007 at 12:04

Just to add my twopennorth, I found the joke distasteful as well. Rape in any form is no laughing matter.

LSemmens - 4-12-2007 at 15:08

I have been known to make the occasional insensitive remark. This "joke" did nothing for me, I certainly did not find it offensive, nor funny. The punch line was left up to the imagination. In some ways, I feel that the discussion afterwards more distasteful than the original premise, but that is I.

janet - 4-12-2007 at 15:13

What I find distasteful is that those of us who have objected to it, have objected to the *joke*.

Those defending it have been making comments about the people, rather than their opinions.

Apparently, disagreeing with people means that one is somehow defective, (lacking in sense of humour, etc.) rather than that one has a different opinion.

victor - 4-12-2007 at 20:42

I will defend the joke I thought it very funny.

And I will tell you something I found even funnier by coincidence.

I was talking to a friend today and he told me on Sunday he was walking his dog upon turning a corner there was a large tree further down the track and he noticed the shape of a male facing the tree he went a little further and sure enough there was another person between the tree and the other and it was not a female plus they were both in the buff.
Now December, blowing a gale, wind chill -2c, they sure as hell were not bird watching . ;)

delanti - 5-12-2007 at 04:47

Quote:
Originally posted by janet

Yes, because neither scholar nor I have a sense of humour, and neither of us can cope when the going gets hard.

Yup, that's me.

My life has been a complete bowl of flowers for the last year, otherwise I'd not be able to cope, right?

I found the joke distasteful. I didn't say it shouldn't have been posted, or complain or report it.

I'm not sure that equates to me having no sense of humour but the idea that only those who agree with this kind of joke can cope with hard times is a bit much.

You are certaintly entitled to object to what you find offensive, thats that freedom of speech thing.

But before you play the poor me card, here is some information for you. In January of 2007 I was diagnosed with MDS. It is my problem, no one elses. But I still thought it was a funny joke and I still have a sense of humor. nananana

runrig - 5-12-2007 at 09:43

Sorry to hear that Delanti........but glad to know that you have still got your sense of humour,that is very important, no matter how bad your other problems are it will help if you can keep laughing.
waveysmileywaveysmileywaveysmiley

janet - 5-12-2007 at 10:21

Quote:
Quote:

Yup, that's me.

You are certaintly entitled to object to what you find offensive, thats that freedom of speech thing.

But before you play the poor me card, here is some information for you. In January of 2007 I was diagnosed with MDS. It is my problem, no one elses. But I still thought it was a funny joke and I still have a sense of humor. nananana

But this is my point.

I have a sense of humour as well.

Just because I don't think this joke is funny, doesn't mean I don't have a sense of humour.

This is what I've been saying. Those of us who don't like the joke, have said, "I don't like the joke" and made no comment about anyone else - playing the ball not the player.

The same courtesy has not been given to us.

scholar - 5-12-2007 at 12:55

I had to look it up:
myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS, formerly known as "preleukemia")

A major symptom is anemia, usually requiring periodic blood transfusions.

scholar - 5-12-2007 at 13:05

Thank you for your posts, Janet.

How could anyone think I don't have a sense of humor?:smash):smash):bon):jester):jester)

Or that Janet doesn't? Didn't she point us to "Cows with Guns" recently?:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

runrig - 5-12-2007 at 13:11

There seems to be a lot of fuss over one silly joke............are we getting to be a sad lot or what...........Its a joke, either laugh at it or ignore it.........end of.......move on.
confused2confused2confused2confused2

delanti - 5-12-2007 at 14:18

Quote:
Originally posted by runrig
Sorry to hear that Delanti........but glad to know that you have still got your sense of humour,that is very important, no matter how bad your other problems are it will help if you can keep laughing.
waveysmileywaveysmileywaveysmiley

doffs_cap

LSemmens - 5-12-2007 at 15:00

Quote:
What I find distasteful is that those of us who have objected to it, have objected to the *joke*.

Those defending it have been making comments about the people, rather than their opinions.

Apparently, disagreeing with people means that one is somehow defective, (lacking in sense of humour, etc.) rather than that one has a different opinion.

Janet's point, here is re-iterated: Paraphrase for the layman, (hope you don't mind, Janet) Wether you like the joke or not has become irrelevant. There have been some replies that have cast aspersions upon the dissenters which is not what this discussion was initially about!

If you like the joke, say so, and why, if you must, and leave it at that!
If you dislike the joke, say so, and why, if you must, and leave it at that!

Play the ball not the man, to coin a phrase!

Redwolf5150 - 5-12-2007 at 15:56

If this little attempt at humor is so "well received" here, maybe I better not post my dwarf in a car accident joke.

kewl_glasses

LSemmens - 6-12-2007 at 12:43

I understand your reticence, RW. I don't think that anyone intended to criticise you for attempting to lighten the mood in the place. Your joke was posted in exactly the right forum. Some appreciated it, others, not so. Se La Vie.

runrig - 6-12-2007 at 14:04

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
I understand your reticence, RW. I don't think that anyone intended to criticise you for attempting to lighten the mood in the place.

By saying that,do you think the mood of the place needs lightening ?.....Has it gone solemn since O'Giron as stopped posting ?
confused2confused2confused2

scholar - 6-12-2007 at 15:38

I would like to see Giron posting here again.;)

runrig - 6-12-2007 at 17:48

Quote:

So would I Scholar but I dont think we will see him on here again.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

the bear - 6-12-2007 at 19:53

Quote:
Quote:

What happened with Giron, why do you say he wont be back?

Regards the Bear

runrig - 6-12-2007 at 20:05

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Quote:
Quote:

What happened with Giron, why do you say he wont be back?
Regards the Bear

I didn't say he wont be back Bear, I said I dont THINK he will be back, just my thoughts and I dont want to say why I have these thoughts.............I could be wrong but if you want to take it any further I am glad to discuss it in a u2u.
I have learned from my last post to Charles not to put my thoughts on the forum.
waveysmiley

victor - 6-12-2007 at 20:16

It would be nice to know where he has got to I enjoyed his Coventry wit. ;)

I tried to find his last post where he said he wouldn't be around for a while but could'nt.

runrig - 6-12-2007 at 20:26

Quote:
It would be nice to know where he has got to I enjoyed his Coventry wit. ;)

I tried to find his last post where he said he wouldn't be around for a while but could'nt.

You have not bumped into him in Mr.Patels or Tesco's then Victor ?
Perhaps he has bought CCFC and is way above us all now !!
Too busy sorting out team selection and how he can get them into the Premiership.
:P:Psmokin:

victor - 6-12-2007 at 20:33

Many a true word spoken in jest Runnie. ;)

u2u me if you want.

giron - 1-1-2008 at 01:01

Quote:

Wrong again, runny, so where the hell have you got to? waveysmiley

If you come back, perhaps, mmC will wear a red wig for you?

If not, I can sell you some pictures of her in a red wig. kewl_glasses

LSemmens - 1-1-2008 at 04:09

It's fun keeping the people guessing, isn't it Giron, especially doing the unexpected!

the bear - 1-1-2008 at 04:37

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
It's fun keeping the people guessing, isn't it Giron, especially doing the unexpected!

I'd much prefer to keep bee's, just think of the "Honey"

LSemmens - 1-1-2008 at 04:50

You want some, Bear? I have a hive on an adjacent block that I'm clearing for a friend, problem is, they're wild and none of the apiarists that I know want to introduce wild bees to their production stock. They've all said to either leave them be, or kill the nest. I don't want to kill the nest, but I have no choice as I can't finish my job with the nest there.