Karl`s PC Help Forums

A Whine A Day:)
scholar - 6-12-2007 at 03:47

I am posting to move this to the top, so that DeWitch can find her favorite place to whine at KF.

She was whining that she couldn't find it. greengrin

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 03:52

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I am posting to move this to the top, so that DeWitch can find her favorite place to whine at KF.

She was whining that she couldn't find it. greengrin

HA HA HA
I am done whining for today though - have been up since before 5:00AM and my eyes are closing
Good Night dear friend:)

scholar - 6-12-2007 at 04:36

Good night to you, too, and sweet dreams.waveysmiley

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 09:10

Quote:
Good night to you, too, and sweet dreams.waveysmiley

Ha ha
thanks Pal but it didn't happen
It is 4:00AM and I am up again:{
too much on my mind I guess
Well at least Hubby's coffee will be ready for him when he gets up for work in a little while
he will probably think I pulled an all nighter though

scholar - 6-12-2007 at 12:29

A nice nap later in the day might be just the thing. Do Bear and Boo come in the house? A nice lunch, a nice warm cuddle with one or both of them, and off to dreamland. ;)

DeWitch - 6-12-2007 at 17:52

Quote:
A nice nap later in the day might be just the thing. Do Bear and Boo come in the house? A nice lunch, a nice warm cuddle with one or both of them, and off to dreamland. ;)

Well I was trying to do some Christmas graphics for my critterz groups a little after I wrote this and I totally crashed on the futon that is in my PC room for a couple of hours I think ha ha ha.
Feeling some better now.
Bear & Boo stay in with us all night and a good share of the day too. They and my two sweet kitties are very good company.

DeWitch - 27-2-2008 at 11:39

NO FUN :{
When you can't change your avatar anymore
WHIIIIIIINE

Swish Checkley - 27-2-2008 at 11:51

I hadn't had a proper night's sleep for a week due to stressing over interviews and then pain in my ribs. Last night I WOULD have slept right through but then there was an earthquake :bon) Just typical.

DeWitch - 27-2-2008 at 11:56

Quote:
Originally posted by Swish Checkley
I hadn't had a proper night's sleep for a week due to stressing over interviews and then pain in my ribs. Last night I WOULD have slept right through but then there was an earthquake :bon) Just typical.

poor you:{
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SWISH)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
hope all is well soon
I am having much pain too - was awake at 4:00AM.
the only thing that will help me though is to get away from the cold and with my Hubby that will never happen
WHIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

Dreamweaver - 27-2-2008 at 12:15

Quote:
Originally posted by DeWitch
NO FUN :{
When you can't change your avatar anymore
WHIIIIIIINE

Why can't you change your avatar any more?

Swish Checkley - 27-2-2008 at 12:31

Quote:
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SWISH)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
hope all is well soon

Thanks, I'm making a good recovery, just a bit tired and grumbly today.
Quote:
I am having much pain too - was awake at 4:00AM.

(((DeWitch)))

DeWitch - 27-2-2008 at 13:53

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver

Why can't you change your avatar any more?

I uploaded it and it was just a red x
but then I put it on my website and linked from there and it worked
DUH
forgive me I have been up since 4:00 AM partly cuz Hubby had to plow to be able to get out to go to work and partly from hurting
I am so sick of winter

delanti - 27-2-2008 at 15:20

Quote:

forgive me I have been up since 4:00 AM partly cuz Hubby had to plow to be able to get out to go to work and partly from hurting
I am so sick of winter

I can sympathize DeWitch about the trials and tribulations of getting up early to plow your way out to get to work. I did that gig for many years and now wonder why it took me so long to quit doing it.

People who have never lived in a heavy snow area don't understand that everything you do becomes a chore. RedWolf and Scholar would understand what you are saying I am sure.

scared_stiff

scholar - 27-2-2008 at 17:03

Yes, I have shoveled my drive any number of times!

From DeWitch's description, it sounds as if her wooded area has a nice, long drive which recesses it from the road noise and headlights a little bit, instead of being right next to the street like many city and town lots. That would explain the need to plow the drive, instead of just shoveling a car length or two.

Perhaps you can move south in retirement.

I hope you can get through the day with electricity. (Millions lost power in Florida yesterday, but it's not as bad when it isn't so cold.)

DeWitch - 27-2-2008 at 17:52

Delanti & Scholar
You are both right
I really do not know how Hubby can stand it - he works very long hours as it is and it seems all he does is
work - leaves here at 4:30 AM doesn't get home until 4:00 or 5:00PM and then has all the snow to deal with.
We are having record breaking snowfalls here this year too.
He just turned 60, I asked him "Aren't you tired of it yet???"
I know I was long ago.
My Dad would have taken my mother South in a heartbeat but she wouldn't go.
Now he is gone:{
If he was still here I think I would go South with him.
Yes Scholar we have a fairly long drive and live at the end of a dirt road in a rural area.
I heard about Florida - did they ever find out what caused it?
The snow has pretty much stopped - TG
so the power should be okay

LSemmens - 28-2-2008 at 13:04

WHy anyone would live in an area where they have to work hard, just so they can go to work is beyond me. If I had to shovel my driveway, just so I could drive to work, I think I'd be looking for a job in a warmer climate! The worst that I've ever hat to cope with was working in the driving rain, fortunately it was only about 20C, so not too cold, and that was only because trees had fallen across areas that required urgent attention.

DeWitch - 28-2-2008 at 13:59

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
WHy anyone would live in an area where they have to work hard, just so they can go to work is beyond me. If I had to shovel my driveway, just so I could drive to work, I think I'd be looking for a job in a warmer climate! The worst that I've ever hat to cope with was working in the driving rain, fortunately it was only about 20C, so not too cold, and that was only because trees had fallen across areas that required urgent attention.

So true but he thinks he is too old to find another job:{
So then I say "well with your talents why do you need one?"
He can do so many things with wood etc. He has created much of our beautiful furniture and he alone finished the whole inside of our home plus built a 12 x 24 foot deck that is 12 feet off the ground.
Then I get the excuse that he wouldn't have the company insurance any more:{
This is insurance that pays for practically nothing anyway so I figure it would be no big loss unless we suffered something major.
But that is the difference in us. He always worries about the bad stuff and I always dream of the good.
I would be the chance-taker if I had the opportunity but he never would.

DeWitch - 9-3-2008 at 14:29

Quote:
[align=center]
[bad img]http://www.witchywoman333.com/tags/whine.jpg[/bad img]

It is snowing again!
so far this winter:
it has ruined all the new gutters on the house
half the new gutters on the garage
it has crushed all of the mature shrubs & plantings in the front of the house except for two
it has destroyed two of the 4' wide ceiling to floor screens on the screen porch

scholar - 9-3-2008 at 19:59

DeWitch, would insurance cover any part of the destruction?
(Not that I wish to set you up for a disappointment. Sometimes people have insurance and then don't realize they could put in a claim.)
(((DeWitch)))

In another few months, the snow will be gone. :)

DeWitch - 9-3-2008 at 21:12

Quote:
DeWitch, would insurance cover any part of the destruction?
(Not that I wish to set you up for a disappointment. Sometimes people have insurance and then don't realize they could put in a claim.)
(((DeWitch)))

In another few months, the snow will be gone. :)

Thanks for the thought but Hubby says the deductible is too high:{

TooCute4Words - 9-3-2008 at 22:16

'Trapped wind'
*rushes to the medical cupboard for some settlers TUMS*

:(

DeWitch - 9-3-2008 at 22:58

Quote:
Originally posted by TooCute4Words
'Trapped wind'

and that is inferring???

delanti - 9-3-2008 at 23:13

Quote:
'Trapped wind'

Careful TC4W children should always be given medicine only by an adult.waveysmiley

TooCute4Words - 9-3-2008 at 23:48

Quote:
Quote:
'Trapped wind'

and that is inferring???

inferring that I had a touch of indigestion. What else would it infer confused2

TooCute4Words - 9-3-2008 at 23:49

Quote:
Originally posted by delanti
Quote:
'Trapped wind'

Careful TC4W children should always be given medicine only by an adult.waveysmiley

Settlers TUMS are like sweets :D But if you take too many, you turn into a Refresher waveysmiley

janet - 9-3-2008 at 23:50

"Trapped wind" might well not make a lot of sense on the other side of the Atlantic.

Tums could be replaced with Alkaseltzer, and the post would have more or less the same meaning...?

TooCute4Words - 9-3-2008 at 23:56

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
"Trapped wind" might well not make a lot of sense on the other side of the Atlantic.

Tums could be replaced with Alkaseltzer, and the post would have more or less the same meaning...?

Thats why I said, "Settlers TUMS", so if someone from the other side of the Atlantic was unaware of that trade-name, they would have cause to Google it :)

I hate Alkaseltzer :( tastes horrid :(

DeWitch - 10-3-2008 at 00:02

Quote:
Quote:
[
and that is inferring???

ya never know -
could have meant you were full of hot air

so (in all earnestness:) what caused it?

TooCute4Words - 10-3-2008 at 00:14

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[
and that is inferring???

ya never know -
could have meant you were full of hot air

so (in all earnestness:) what caused it?

My My...you are firing on all cylinders of cryptic sarcasm tonight DeWitchwaveysmiley

Almost a step beyond <cryptic sarcasm> and into the depths of shocked_yellow dislike shocked_yellow

DeWitch - 10-3-2008 at 00:48

Quote:
[My My...you are firing on all cylinders of cryptic sarcasm tonight DeWitchwaveysmiley

Almost a step beyond <cryptic sarcasm> and into the depths of shocked_yellow dislike shocked_yellow

Well not necessarily
but
I guess it is all in how a reply to something is interpreted

TooCute4Words - 10-3-2008 at 00:55

Quote:
Quote:
[My My...you are firing on all cylinders of cryptic sarcasm tonight DeWitchwaveysmiley

Well not necessarily
but
I guess it is all in how a reply to something is interpreted

Oh..I see :o So basically, there is room for improvement and perhaps a better future :)

DeWitch - 10-3-2008 at 01:14

Quote:
Oh..I see :o So basically, there is room for improvement and perhaps a better future :)

stranger things have happened on occasion