Karl`s PC Help Forums

Thread of Remembrance.
sidwellg - 4-12-2007 at 07:35

Forgive.....I just found this website and it looked interesting so I registered and I've just now learned the founder had died.......what happened to him ? Condolences to his wife and family.

Gregg

LSemmens - 4-12-2007 at 14:34

AN industrial accident earlier this year. This forum was his baby, and as fitting tribute to him, we keep it running! I hope you can stay and contribute.

Dreamweaver - 17-12-2007 at 00:14

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
How many years were you married, Dot? Not that it makes it any easier.

I moved in with Karl one week after we met, thats how sure we were, this was our 18th year together :(. I know we had more in this short time that others had in a lifetime but it still wasn't enough for me/us.

LSemmens - 17-12-2007 at 11:26

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver
Quote:

I moved in with Karl one week after we met, thats how sure we were, this was our 18th year together :(. I know we had more in this short time that others had in a lifetime but it still wasn't enough for me/us.
I know that one! SWMBO knew we'd be married, at that stage she'd not even met me! A week later we became an item. four days later, I asked. The rest, is history!

Screamer - 12-1-2008 at 20:51

This is very belated Dot, but may I offer my sincere condolences in finding on my return that Karl is no longer with us.

Dreamweaver - 12-1-2008 at 20:53

Quote:
Originally posted by Screamer
This is very belated Dot, but may I offer my sincere condolences in finding on my return that Karl is no longer with us.

Belated or not Screamer, The thought remains the same....

janet - 12-1-2008 at 20:56

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know that one! SWMBO knew we'd be married, at that stage she'd not even met me! A week later we became an item. four days later, I asked. The rest, is history!

Wry smile... I knew we'd marry within months - we married four years later, and were married 24 years...

Dreamweaver - 12-1-2008 at 21:06

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
Quote:

Wry smile... I knew we'd marry within months - we married four years later, and were married 24 years...

As you siggie suggests Janet, its not longevity that matters, it's the fierceness, we had pleny to that, you and I both :)

janet - 12-1-2008 at 21:12

Yes :) And I'm glad our two met and got on, as well! :)

Dreamweaver - 12-1-2008 at 21:26

Quote:
Yes :) And I'm glad our two met and got on, as well! :)

I remember we we're both mortified when your hubbie broke his arm at the Blackpool meet....... and also somewhat amused... As his "pastime" was so innocuous...I think you may know what I mean. But Karl was beside himself on the journey home.

janet - 12-1-2008 at 21:29

Ahhh - that's typical of the man! But it was no one's fault - not even David's, though we did rib him rather unmercifully! And the hotel were kindness themselves, making sure he was comfortable and well taken care of - and Tim's kind driving made the journey home tolerable!

(He was a plane spotter, and managed to fall backwards down some steps, breaking his shoulder).

LSemmens - 13-1-2008 at 11:25

Quote:

(He was a plane spotter, and managed to fall backwards down some steps, breaking his shoulder).

He sounds like a man whom I would have gladly called friend. I am now sorry that we never had the opportunity to meet.

janet - 13-1-2008 at 12:13

I know it sounds odd, but I don't know of anyone who ever took against him. People often didn't really notice him because he was quiet but he was kind, generous and simply a good man.

LSemmens - 13-1-2008 at 14:08

Which is a lovely memory! You'll miss him for the rest of your life!

janet - 13-1-2008 at 17:28

Quote:
Which is a lovely memory! You'll miss him for the rest of your life!

I know that was meant kindly, Leigh, but it doesn't actually help.

Yes, I'll always miss him but I, and the children - and Dot, and her family - have to move on.

LSemmens - 14-1-2008 at 13:45

It was meant as a statement of fact, Janet. Deb's sister has been in the unfortunate position of having to bury two husbands. She has married again. She still loves her first two husbands and misses them both, Her third husband grew up with them both and wishes for her sake that neither had died, but is glad to have her. So, yes, you must move on, but, out of the love that you shared, you'll not forget.

vchakra23 - 10-2-2008 at 16:21

Dear Administration Team
I'm almost ashamed to respond to this so late. I am still in disbelief that Karl is no longer with us. I have never been an active participant in the forums, but when I joined in 2005, I dint get a generic welcome message from a forum administrator. What I recieved, was a persolized welcome message from Karl who was keen to know who I was and explain a few things I would be interested in the forums.

I did not know Karl Personally, but just from his interaction with a stranger like me over something inert like the internet, I'm sure he was a gentleman willing to help first and ask questiosn later.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to Phantom( Karl's Wife)

May his soul rest in piece...

Regards,
Rip

LSemmens - 11-2-2008 at 13:11

Welcome back vchakra23, as a fitting memorial to Karl, we have all chosen to keep KF running, thanks to DW. Please hang around and help us make Karl's memory live on.

Dreamweaver - 22-5-2008 at 23:24

Happy birthday chuckle :( Always here. always waiting xxxx

John_Little - 23-5-2008 at 09:01

cheers:
To Karl

the bear - 23-5-2008 at 12:01

Ribbons and bows
Suprises in parcels
Make believe!

Joy and happiness
Fun and laughter
Make believe!!

A smiling face
And cheery wave
Make believe!!!

No Shadow thrown
An empty cup
Believe

Sadness and sorrow
Truth

Karl, missing you on your birthday and everyday.

Mr and Mrs Bear :(

Quaver - 23-5-2008 at 13:01

Happy Birthday!ilovekarls_f

LSemmens - 23-5-2008 at 15:13

flowers_kf:angelilovekarls_f
sings Happy Birthday!
_band

marymary100 - 23-5-2008 at 16:23

:( Hope it's not been too traumatic Dot.

liz - 23-5-2008 at 16:54

Thinking of you, Dot. Karl is missed by so many.

foxylady - 28-5-2008 at 18:49

I CANT BELEIVE ITS A YEAR TOMORROW SINCE HE DIED THE GRIEF IS STILL SO HARD TO BEAR MISSING HIM STILL
MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU DOT ESPECIALLY TOMORROW

sammy - 8-6-2008 at 20:53

I can't believe it has been a year time goes so quickly.

Dot just want to give you a huge hug but arms not that long enough.

Take care and know we are all there for you

Nimuae - 12-6-2008 at 08:44

Remembering Karl - a true gentleman, and thinking of Dreamweaver.

liz - 12-6-2008 at 11:50

My thoughts are with Dot today. Karl is in our hearts and minds.

Hugs to you, Dot.
Liz

scholar - 12-6-2008 at 13:06

My thoughts and prayers too, Dot, Foxylady.

Faolan - 12-6-2008 at 17:24

I can only re-iterate the posts above lass. I hope time has been kind to you and eased some of the pain.

marymary100 - 12-6-2008 at 18:49

Thoughts are with you today ((((Dot)))).

janet - 12-6-2008 at 21:27

And mine. (((Dot)))

Quaver - 12-6-2008 at 21:31

(((Dot))) (((Foxylady)))

Redwolf5150 - 12-6-2008 at 21:45

((((DOT))))

:(

waffler - 1-1-2009 at 21:28

Was Karl once a member of No Holds Barred Forum . I remember a guy called Karl on there and he was a very Knowlagable person.

the bear - 2-1-2009 at 01:33

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Was Karl once a member of No Holds Barred Forum . I remember a guy called Karl on there and he was a very Knowlagable person.

Hi Waffler, Karl was involved with Line One and Tiscali that I can tell you.

Regards the Bear

marymary100 - 29-5-2009 at 06:19

Thinking of those who knew Karl personally, especially close family.

Rose leaves, when the rose is dead,
Are heaped for the beloved's bed;
And so thy thoughts, when thou art gone,
Love itself shall slumber on.

Snowy - 29-5-2009 at 08:16

I would have liked to have had the privilidge of knowing Karl, he appeared to be a kind and gentle man from what I have learned about him.

LSemmens - 29-5-2009 at 14:59

So true, Snowy, and my only contact was on here.

the bear - 15-6-2009 at 02:46

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
I would have liked to have had the privilidge of knowing Karl, he appeared to be a kind and gentle man from what I have learned about him.

Snowy he was all of that and so much more, a very special man.

Regards the Bear

the bear - 29-5-2010 at 09:29

For a very special man.

KARL, A sad three years. Missed always, forgotten never.

(((( DOT ))))

Respectfully, Mr + Mrs Bear

Nimuae - 29-5-2010 at 10:40

I second that sentiment, Bear, I remember Karl as a very kind and helpful man.

marymary100 - 29-5-2010 at 10:55

Dearest Dot. I hope this poem is in some way helpful.

When I am gone, release me, let me go.

I have so many things to see and do,
You mustn't tie yourself to me with too many tears,

But be thankful we had so many good years.

I gave you my love, and you can only guess
How much you've given me in happiness.

I thank you for the love that you have shown,
But now it is time I traveled on alone.

So grieve for me a while, if grieve you must
Then let your grief be comforted by trust
That it is only for a while that we must part,
So treasure the memories within your heart.

I won't be far away for life goes on.

And if you need me, call and I will come.

Though you can't see or touch me, I will be near
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear
All my love around you soft and clear

And then, when you come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and a "Welcome Home".

Thinking of you today especially.

LSemmens - 29-5-2010 at 11:30

Good sentiment, Mary. We all miss Karl, may his legacy live on!

liz - 29-5-2010 at 11:53

Every June 12th, Karl is on my mind.

foxylady - 29-5-2010 at 13:03

today it is three years since he died shed a little tear thinking of you dot doesnst seem any easier for me sure you must feel the same x x

Dreamweaver - 29-5-2010 at 23:32

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Dearest Dot. I hope this poem is in some way helpful.

When I am gone, release me, let me go.

I have so many things to see and do,
You mustn't tie yourself to me with too many tears,

But be thankful we had so many good years.

I gave you my love, and you can only guess
How much you've given me in happiness.

I thank you for the love that you have shown,
But now it is time I traveled on alone.

So grieve for me a while, if grieve you must
Then let your grief be comforted by trust
That it is only for a while that we must part,
So treasure the memories within your heart.

I won't be far away for life goes on.

And if you need me, call and I will come.

Though you can't see or touch me, I will be near
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear
All my love around you soft and clear

And then, when you come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and a "Welcome Home".

Thinking of you today especially.

Thank you all for remembering Karl today, but thank you especially Mary for the poem, it does ring very true for me.
He is still very, very dear to me and I have no wish to move on from him.
I am very happy with my memories of him, but still feel he is here when I need him.
I am as always an independant dependant lady.

scholar - 30-5-2010 at 02:39

It's good for those of us who did not get to know Karl in the flesh to pause and remember him at these milestones. To remember his kindness, the values he held in establishing these forums, his helpfulness, and his sense of humor, to mention a few.

I remember he was using Windows 98 SE after many of us had moved on, and this was helpful to me (as I was still using that OS). While others would search their own memories, he had my very OS in front of him every day, to remind me of details that were different than what others were using. I also remember when he finally jumped to a newer Windows OS.

And I recall that we got many members who first made his acquaintance when he helped them, and they joined KF afterwards.

Here's to Karl! cheers:

And thank you, Dot, for keeping his house here going. :)

liz - 30-5-2010 at 12:04

Dot- I'm sorry I must have gotten confused. I thought Karl passed away on June 12th.

Dreamweaver - 30-5-2010 at 21:03

Quote:
Originally posted by liz
Dot- I'm sorry I must have gotten confused. I thought Karl passed away on June 12th.

He passed on the 29th Liz, his final journey (his funeral) was on the 12th.
He would be very flattered to think you would remember him whatever day and I am sure he would thank you for that.( As I do :) )

liz - 30-5-2010 at 21:59

I'm sorry I mixed up the date.
My thoughts are with you.

Bombadil1247 - 23-7-2010 at 14:02

Quote:
Originally posted by sidwellg
Forgive.....I just found this website and it looked interesting so I registered and I've just now learned the founder had died.......what happened to him ? Condolences to his wife and family.

Gregg

I wasn't around much last time I registered - had health issues - but I do remember how kind Karl was in helping this newbie cope with the technology. Never waited long for a reply to a query and his 'how to' advice was always clear and detailed. May I too offer my belated condolences,
Jim

charles - 6-7-2011 at 19:06

4 Years on,,it seems like yesterday,,I will never forget Karl,he was a one off, they broke the mould when he was taken r.i.p

liz - 6-7-2011 at 19:35

I, too, remember Karl each and every year (and often in between.)

Nimuae - 6-7-2011 at 19:37

A true gentleman.

scholar - 6-7-2011 at 19:52

Karl was always so helpful in computer matters. That was one of the reasons KF kept growing--he would help people he met outside Karlsforums, and mention them, and then people would stop by here and stay.waveysmiley

waffler - 7-7-2011 at 01:09

Never Knew Karl but wish I had .

Dreamweaver - 29-5-2012 at 20:26

Well it's been five years now. I honestly didn't believe the forum would last after Karl. I want to take this opportunity to thank the team for all your efforts.
Si and Rob for their technical know how, without them we would have crumbled.
Mary for her prolific threads and generally just "being there" online watching for those spamtards :)
Leigh, because his timeline is different to us mere Poms mops up while we sleep and banters with the boys :).
To those who still post, I thank you, because without you there would be no forum.

After all that I still miss him dreadfully.

Katzy - 29-5-2012 at 20:33

You always will, Dotty.

One of the curses of love, I guess.

I still miss mine, at times, even though I'm married, again, and have been for years.

Thankfully, my wife both knows and understands. ::D

marymary100 - 29-5-2012 at 21:00

Hopefully you have the peace that having had a loving husband brings when the memories flood back. It hardly seems like five years though. :(

Dreamweaver - 29-5-2012 at 21:53

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Hopefully you have the peace that having had a loving husband brings when the memories flood back. It hardly seems like five years though. :(

I do, but wonder what he would think about a gosling sitting next to me as I type, But then He knows me and would laugh :P

liz - 29-5-2012 at 23:50

I think of you both from time to time.
Karl was so kind and patient. A good man.

John Barnes - 29-5-2012 at 23:53

5 years . Tempes Fugit
He was such a nice bloke and so helpful, aye Dream weaver you had a good one there, probably mending computers up stairs with the angels god bless him jmb

scholar - 30-5-2012 at 00:54

Quote:
Well it's been five years now. I honestly didn't believe the forum would last after Karl.

Karl made a great impression on people, and this is indeed a house he built. There are times that I post here because I want his house to continue to be lively, even though I might (with a little work) find a special-interest site that would focus on the area of my question (such as when I have car questions).

Karl, himself, was the greatest asset of KF, because his kind helpfulness brought and kept so many people here (especially in the days when Windows drivers were so much trouble;)). I try to remember our need to make new people welcome so as to maintain KF.

I do miss him, too.

LSemmens - 30-5-2012 at 01:25

I, too, would like to thank you all for "hanging around" One day, I'd hope to, at least, meet some of you in the flesh, so to speak. Dot, no one will ever replace Karl. Sadly, I've had too many close friends lose a loved one, to know that.

Nimuae - 30-5-2012 at 04:04

Karl was one of life's gentlemen !

Quaver - 30-5-2012 at 14:37

ilovekarls_f
thnkall

the bear - 12-6-2012 at 16:43

Its hard to accept that its now five years since Karl started out on his last journey.
My friend is in my heart and thoughts today and everyday as well as his beloved Dot.
Karl is missed by us all.

Karl we're thinking of you! Mr & Mrs Bear.

the bear - 12-6-2013 at 01:46

KARL, not forgotten!

The Bear

scholar - 12-6-2013 at 02:30

Amen.

marymary100 - 12-6-2013 at 06:03

(((Dot)))

liz - 12-6-2013 at 12:09

The memory of Karl will keep him alive in our hearts.

Dreamweaver - 12-6-2013 at 22:47

Quote:
Originally posted by liz
The memory of Karl will keep him alive in our hearts.

He will always be here Liz xx

waffler - 12-6-2013 at 22:54

(((Dot)))

LSemmens - 13-6-2013 at 00:14

Thinking of you Dot.

the bear - 12-6-2016 at 01:31

Oh how the years go by :(

Karl made his final journey nine years ago today, I remember it like it was yesterday. Still hard to believe

Karl, thinking of you friend

Respectfully the Bear waveysmiley

scholar - 12-6-2016 at 11:50

I miss him.

Dreamweaver - 12-6-2016 at 20:42

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I miss him.

Not as much as I do, I may go on with my life but he is always there......

marymary100 - 12-6-2016 at 21:54

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I miss him.

Not as much as I do, I may go on with my life but he is always there......

((((Dot))))

John Barnes - 12-6-2016 at 23:15

Still in my thoughts though the years have flown. jmb

Katzy - 6-9-2017 at 18:51

Seems an appropriate place, as it would've been Bill's (Brow96) birthday.

I hope where you are, it's remembered and celebrated. :)

LSemmens - 7-9-2017 at 04:47

Good thought, Katzy. We should continue to use this thread in memory of those who have "gone before". A fitting tribute to Karl and others.

Katzy - 7-9-2017 at 10:07

Bill used to 'phone me, from The States, most weeks. When the calls stopped, it was terribly difficult to find out what had happened. I eventually found out from an old US Navy site, where there was an announcement of his passing.

I s'pose people must disappear from sites, like that, without anyone knowing what had actually happened. Did we ever find out about Giron?

John_Little - 7-9-2017 at 14:53

No. I've sent him several messages from different boards but none of them were ever opened. He wasn't that old but I got the impression that he wasn't that fit and I think he might have had a few stressful things happening.

Katzy - 7-9-2017 at 18:47