|| posted on 7-12-2007 at 11:32
|I heard something similar in my apprenticeship days, (telecommunications) so, I suspect it was based on fact but, back in the days of earth return
party lines. The modern telephone is powered differently, the dog could still get a kick, but not from a faulty earth.
|| posted on 7-12-2007 at 01:54
someone sent it to me - don't know if it is true or not ha ha ha
|| posted on 6-12-2007 at 21:38
| ...............you made that up, surely!
|| posted on 6-12-2007 at 18:22
Shocking I gotta laugh but I do feel sorry for the poor dog.
|| posted on 6-12-2007 at 18:17
Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report that her telephone failed to ring when her friends called and that, on the few occasions
when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.
The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set,
and dialed the subscriber's house.
The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.
Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.
4. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.
5. The wet ground completed the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.
Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pxxxing and moaning.
Just thought you'd like to know